Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 10 2010
By: KageNoMichi First Son 2 posts

PSP interwebz :(

2 replies 22 views Edited Sep 10, 2010

So like everyone else I'm having issues connecting my little PSP to the internet and since everywhere I've looked up info hasn't helped much, I thought I'd make a post...

First off I know its not my PSP because it works fine with the library internet, but its not connecting to my personal wireless even though it did before and I had issues getting it to work before even. I use the IntelR My Wifi to make my laptop give off the signal since I can't connect directly to my dorm wireless. It was working fine just the other day, but after many tries I can't seem to fix it again. I get either 'the server has timed out' error or the DNS error. I've even tried connecting it with no security and it still times out.

If anyone can help me I'd be so grateful!

Message 1 of 3 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: PSP interwebz :(

Sep 10, 2010

Hello!~

I could be wrong but since your PSP seems to access the library fine I may agree that it is likely not the PSP itself...Here are two ideas of I think you should consider. 

1) Something about the wireless you are now attempting to get on has changed and your PSP no longer has the right information inside it to access the wireless spot. Check and make sure everything is entered correctly for your wifi spot. 

2) The wireless spot is just wonky. Have you tried seeing if anything else will connect to it? A friends PSP for example? or a wireless capable cell phone or other electronic device? Also have you tried contacting your school's Tech department concerning your desire to use the PSP on the school network? Most University networks are set up a bit odd to stop people from outside the school from abusing it, and students within from infecting it with viruses. They may have a fix in place already that you don't know about specifically for PSPs.

If it is the latter and your computer can still access the wireless directly, but nothing can connect to the wifi, then it could be what you are using to create a wifi spot. Try re-setting it, or if its a program, uninstalling it and re-installing it. This will likely only be a temp fix until you find out the real cause.Again I recommend contacting the tech department at your school, or whoever controls the network. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PSP interwebz :(

Sep 15, 2010

Thanks for the reply! I finally figured out it was my computer. Somehow ip routing was no longer enabled but I was able to go under services and enable the dhcp server and now all seems well. Hopefully it'll stay working this time ^^;

Message 3 of 3 (22 Views)
0 Likes