Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 03 2010
By: P0r_NaGa First Son 2 posts

Questions about remote play and PlayOn

4 replies 13 views Edited Mar 3, 2010

I'm looking to get a PSP 3000 model. I understand the 3000 can use composite cables to connect to a standard definition TV without the need of progressive scan. Since I already have a PS3, the remote play feature interests me. I was already considering purchasing a PlayOn license since I think it'd be cool to be able to stream internet videos to the PS3, but what I'm trying to find out now are these things:

1. Can you connect the PSP to a different TV than the PS3, then use remote play and see the PS3's screen on that TV?

2. Will a PS3 transmit PlayOn videos to a PSP through remote play? I've read that you can access shared media on your PC this way, PlayOn seems to function in the same way, so I would think it WOULD work...

As you can probably tell from my questions, my aim here is to be able to view videos streamed over PlayOn on a TV separate from the one my PS3 is hooked up to by using a PSP and remote play. Specifically, my PS3 is connected to the living room TV and I want to know if I'd be able to watch PlayOn to PS3 streamed videos on the TV in the bedroom (or say a hotel TV if we were to go on a trip) by connecting the PSP to said TV. These are not my only reasons for being interested in a 3000, but if this scenario is possible then I'm definitely sold.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
919 posts

Re: Questions about remote play and PlayOn

Mar 4, 2010

My oh my I have no idea! Sorry!?!?!?!

Can't Wait for TN-a! I'm ready to hack my psp!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Mar 4, 2010

why bother posting if you have no idea frilly bob .

P0r_NaGa wrote:

I'm looking to get a PSP 3000 model. I understand the 3000 can use composite cables to connect to a standard definition TV without the need of progressive scan. Since I already have a PS3, the remote play feature interests me. I was already considering purchasing a PlayOn license since I think it'd be cool to be able to stream internet videos to the PS3, but what I'm trying to find out now are these things:

1. Can you connect the PSP to a different TV than the PS3, then use remote play and see the PS3's screen on that TV? Yes

2. Will a PS3 transmit PlayOn videos to a PSP through remote play? I've read that you can access shared media on your PC this way, PlayOn seems to function in the same way, so I would think it WOULD work... Yes

Also be aware that the PSP will not output the video to fit the entire TV if it's HD.

As you can probably tell from my questions, my aim here is to be able to view videos streamed over PlayOn on a TV separate from the one my PS3 is hooked up to by using a PSP and remote play. Specifically, my PS3 is connected to the living room TV and I want to know if I'd be able to watch PlayOn to PS3 streamed videos on the TV in the bedroom (or say a hotel TV if we were to go on a trip) by connecting the PSP to said TV. These are not my only reasons for being interested in a 3000, but if this scenario is possible then I'm definitely sold.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (13 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Mar 4, 2010

hmm i might go try that might be cool if it works

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 4, 2010

Yeah, it does seem like a pretty sweet idea, definitely a much better alternative than paying for cable. Thanks for your replies, I think I may go make my purchase today.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (13 Views)
0 Likes