Mar 02 2010
By: edthebyrd2 First Son 31 posts

Reason to keep my psp go

7 replies 19 views Edited Mar 2, 2010

I have a black PSP Go with Socom FTB3 and some other games, but I don't really use it that much because I have a 360. There are never that many games coming out anymore, so I was thinking about selling it and saving the money for more 360 games or for whatever the next portable iteration is aka PSP2 or DSi2 that'll probably be coming relatively soon. Is there any big stuff on the horizon for the psp?

Message 1 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
25527 posts

Re: Reason to keep my psp go

Mar 2, 2010

It was your decision to buy a PSP Go, and I won't advise you on whether to keep it or not.  I will say that as a rule, game releases in the Playstation Store are generally not announced before they are available, unlike retail releases.  Unless the game is a PSN exclusive, it is generally a mystery as to whether the game will be available for the Go, and if so, when.  You can pretty much depend on all new Sony-published PSP titles appearing in the Playstation Store at the same time as, or shortly after, the retail release of the game.  For other publishers, it will be hit or miss.  Most mass market titles will appear in the Playstation Store eventually, after retail store orders dry up.  Some, more obscure, titles will never appear in the Playstation Store, and will not be playable on the Go.  That is the trade-off that Go owners make in exchange for the new smaller form factor, and extra features like pause and Bluetooth support.  If you wanted to be able to play every PSP game released, you should have purchased a PSP-3001 instead of a Go.  Sony offers both of them for a reason.  The Go isn't a replacement for earlier PSPs, and just because it is newer doesn't mean that it is better in all respects.  It is a different product, aimed at a different audience that is willing to have a limited selection of games as long as they never have to handle a UMD.

To each his own.

GKP
Message 2 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Mar 2, 2010

i was talking more about the psp in general. all thats really on the horizon is metal gear, kingdom of hearts, and resident evil portable. thats pretty weak. or features we have no apps still and without 3G capabilty the psp isn't even that portable. I just hope the psp2 gets announced soon

Message 3 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
658 posts

Mar 2, 2010

Why not? It's a good system that will soon be getting new games for it. It was said earlier that new games were on the way. Just be patient.

Eagle
Message 4 of 8 (19 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Mar 2, 2010

edthebyrd2 wrote:

I have a black PSP Go with Socom FTB3 and some other games, but I don't really use it that much because I have a 360. There are never that many games coming out anymore, so I was thinking about selling it and saving the money for more 360 games or for whatever the next portable iteration is aka PSP2 or DSi2 that'll probably be coming relatively soon. Is there any big stuff on the horizon for the psp?

If you don't currently own a portable media player like a Zune or iPod, I suggest downloading Sony's Media Go (free) and try using your Go for music and video playback. The latest firmware supports true playlists and has a neat feature called SensMe Channels that offers a different way to experience your music collection.

Something to think about.

Message 5 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Mar 2, 2010

Jus get a 1000-3000 series psp and you will have many more games to choose from

The go is for casual gamers where the k series is for hardcore gamers

Message 6 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
509 posts

Mar 2, 2010

I disagree with that. I'm a pretty hardcore gamer, but that doesn't mean I'm a game **bleep** that will play any piece of crap out there. The big PSP is to big for comfort for quite a few people, particularly me.

Do you have a use for a portable gaming system? Bus/train/passenger in car, etc? Do you lay in bed and play it, or play it around the house? Would you play it over your tabletop console given the choice?

Are you only playing the xbox over the psp go because of title selection? Given two popular titles, one on xbox and one on psp/go, which are you going to play?

My PSP Go is also my mp3/mp4 player, eliminates the need for an ipod or zune or whatever. It also connects to my ps3 and i can watch movies/tv off the media server.

And LBP is a Sony exclusive, pretty damned worth it IMO. Also Gran Turismo is quite awesome. If you haven't tried these two games, give them a shot before you give up the go.

PS3 20gb with 120gb hd *** PS3 40gb *** PS3 80gb *** Ps Vita 3g *** 2x Ps Vita wifi *** 2x White PSP-Go
Message 7 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
25527 posts

Mar 5, 2010

Well, those are the only big name franchise titles on the release calendar, but there are dozens more games shipping for the PSP between now and the fall.  Perhaps you should consider broadening your horizons beyond the highly anticipated sequels. There are plenty of other worthy gaming experiences out there.  Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts, and Resident Evil were all new once upon a time.  If people hadn't been willing to give them a try back on the original Playstation and PS2, we wouldn't have these PSP entries in the series now.

GKP
Message 8 of 8 (19 Views)
0 Likes