Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Re: What should the Psp2 be like?

Aug 19, 2010

all i want is TWO %^&*ING ANALOGUES!!!!

no phone, no camera... just two frikken analogue sticks...

Please use plain text.
Message 161 of 221 (14 Views)
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Aug 19, 2010

p4s2p0 wrote:

I didn't say it wasn't possible to make psp better or that it will automaticly fail. (I bought the remakes didn't I other than go but no tony hawk on psn) just that sony hasn't other than its a little smaller and a lot lighter and the tv out is cool.The bluetooth on go sounds awsome

The screen gave me headaches, and they didn't last me long.

If they lasted me longer I would be intrested to see if a 1000 screen could go into remakes.

Again your saying that because you dont like some of the changes on the later models like the screen gave you headaches or that the lighter models didnt hold up because they broke to easy when they dropped out of your pocket when skateboarding. You even said that the psp 1000 is the only one to hold up out of all the other models you did have. You already have it in your mind that the majority havent liked the changes and that sony is not selling much of those other models. Well to let you know the 1000 series hasnt been sold for a long wile now and the current psp 3000 and psp go are the current versions and they seem to sell well but not well enough and i dont think its because of the screen giving ppl headaches or that the psp breaks to easy because they dropped it from skateboarding.

Most of the current lack of sales of the psp is from basicly ppl finding that the psp is lacking in games and little to no major upgrade to the psp  system in general, and to top it off the games and systems still cost to much. Again ppl find it more conveniant to buy a smart phone that does more and the content is very cheap.

Sony has to look at other ways to market the games and content sony wants to sell, and at this point if sony can get the games onto a smart phone and have the same quality of game play as a psp, then sony can make a killing in the handheld market.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Please use plain text.
Message 162 of 221 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Aug 19, 2010

p4s2p0 wrote:

It hurts psp(sony) if there isn't enough sales, like any product. If they do get enough good for go but if they don't I wouldn't wanna see sony end its portable early just because they wanted to try something.
People can loose faith in sony jus like sega if it makes too many wrong moves.

Lack of sales comes from many reasons, in this case sony does not have alot of content that ppl want to buy and ppl are tired of carrying alot of devices for seperate things, this is why smart phones are so very popular, its a mini computer that can do many things wile on the go.

The faith ppl are losing in sony is on why sony has over the years just hasnt worked on getting alot of gaming developers to make games for the psp, and why the developers dont like making games for the psp because of the rampent piracy that sony hasnt fixed much over the years.

Its an unending circle of bad moves sony has done on their part and not learned how to properly fix the problems that have been around for years. Sega was their own problem, just as sony is their own problem. and making a psp phone is not a problem as long as sony doesnt go out and over make so many phones that ppl dont want them. In fact if sony does make a psp phone it will not be any different than the current phones they make now, but with slight adjustments that will mostly not cust much to do. As in they are not spending masses amounts of money for new hardware. And most of the content is already made, it just needs porting to the phone. Also leaving other things like web browser, and movie viewing up to the phones android os instead sony messing things up with their pritoritary music and movie players.

I dont think sony will be another sega, they are just looking at what can be done with the current hadware and software on the market and find a way to adapt it for the content sony wants to sell.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Please use plain text.
Message 163 of 221 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Aug 19, 2010

Checklist for PSP2:

Make it impervious to hackers in turn gaining more support from developers.

Upgrade the OS, (add full PSN integration, better media capability.)

Dual analog sticks, (possibly dual shoulders if they are done right.)

Better battery life.

PSP2 with a physical media on board and dl games, PSP2go with dl-only games.

Upgraded hardware, (screen, processor, possibly cameras, etc.)

Everyone be happy!

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Please use plain text.
Message 164 of 221 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Aug 19, 2010

See, people want better battery life, yet they want unrealistic specs like an HD screen.  I'd like the battery life to be improved, but I'll be happy enough with the same life but better specs.

As for having two models, I think it would happen, but maybe not at the start.  These companies like to stagger out versions of their handhelds over time to revitalize sales now and then.  (Notice how there's only one or two colors at launch.)  Plus, in order to actually make it smaller, they have to redesign the whole unit.  I don't know if they would want to create two different designs before the launch, and they may have so much crammed into the larger system that they have to wait until a smaller version of the same hardware is feasible.

Please use plain text.
Message 165 of 221 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3416 posts

Aug 19, 2010
I wonder if they will release a PSP2 and a PSP 2 GO?
I love my go and don't want to go back to a large device.
Please use plain text.
Message 166 of 221 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Aug 20, 2010

glaciusx25 wrote:

This is all I want from a "PSP2":

Two analogs Yes.

Internal and external memory (like the Go) Yes.

Either two versions, or have physical media mixed with download. Or one that's halfway between the two and has a flash-based game card deal. Or two versions... Both are good ideas.

A decent internet browser Yes!

Somewhat enhanced screen (not TOO detailed or else cost is higher) I'd say a 4.3" 640x360 screen. Nice, and can be scaled up 2x for 720P if output to a TV, not requiring a lot of power in order to do so.

Slide design is nice. If not sliding, don't make as wide as the K-series I'd say a slider, but better implemented than the PSPgo. (wider then the go but not as wide as the 3000.)

Some more "Extras", if possible. I don't read comics or stuff. Or just a new OS mimmicking the PS3 in features... (Full PSN...)

Better wireless. So that it's not slow. Yes.

I feel that my requests aren't TOO much to ask for. The only problem I'll have with the PSP2 is that it most likely will not have a UMD slot, because I have quite a few good UMD games and don't want to re-buy them/not be able to use them.

Please use plain text.
Message 167 of 221 (14 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11663 posts

Aug 20, 2010

APVangeliLHS wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

This is all I want from a "PSP2":

Two analogs Yes.

Internal and external memory (like the Go) Yes.

Either two versions, or have physical media mixed with download. Or one that's halfway between the two and has a flash-based game card deal. Or two versions... Both are good ideas.

A decent internet browser Yes!

Somewhat enhanced screen (not TOO detailed or else cost is higher) I'd say a 4.3" 640x360 screen. Nice, and can be scaled up 2x for 720P if output to a TV, not requiring a lot of power in order to do so.

Slide design is nice. If not sliding, don't make as wide as the K-series I'd say a slider, but better implemented than the PSPgo. (wider then the go but not as wide as the 3000.)

Some more "Extras", if possible. I don't read comics or stuff. Or just a new OS mimmicking the PS3 in features... (Full PSN...)

Better wireless. So that it's not slow. Yes.

I feel that my requests aren't TOO much to ask for. The only problem I'll have with the PSP2 is that it most likely will not have a UMD slot, because I have quite a few good UMD games and don't want to re-buy them/not be able to use them.

Cool, someone agrees.

We don't need all those ridiculous ideas that people post here. The stuff I stated above is all that's needed really, for a successful system (hardware wise).

The only thing that Sony has to do, is produce quality games. FOR the "PSP2". No more stupid ports of console games and whatnot. Just make games that work well with what it has to offer. If Sony can do that (and keep cost reasonable, no $300+ handheld), then the "PSP2" can succeed, more so than the current one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 168 of 221 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Aug 20, 2010

Those seem pretty reasonable.  Without a sliding or clamshell design though, I don't think they can make it any less wide than the 3000 without shrinking down the size of the D-pad and buttons, which I would hate to see.  If they make it sliding, I just hope they keep the screen part as lightweight as possible, so that most of the weight is in the bottom portion.

I don't think we'll get much internal storage though, because surely they will be trying to keep the cost down.  (The Go just had it because it had no physical media.)  The average consumer will just look at the price of the unit without considering the cost of a memory stick.  Look at how people knocked the Go for being so expensive, not taking the 16GB of storage into account.  It was still a bit high, but not to a large extent if you consider the storage.

I'm just hoping for a modest amount that's big enough to hold save data, themes, etc.  I couldn't even download a firmware update for my 3000 until my card came in the mail.

Please use plain text.
Message 169 of 221 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Aug 20, 2010

,glaciusx25 wrote:

I'm just gonna make some general statements here....

1. I SERIOUSLY doubt that it'll be DD only. PSP Go didn't go well. And while "only" 30% of the US has no internet, I bet that the 70% that do don't all have FAST internet. I bought 3 UMD's the other day because I felt like playing them immediately (could've just bought a PSN card and bought em, but that'd take a day or two to download all 3).

There should be two models... Essentially carrying over the current generation into the next. Even if there's a phone version.

2. While 2 versions (PM and DD versions) would be nice, I don't see this either. I'd very much prefer this, because then people wouldn't complain. But I'd like to see how price difference would be. The PS Store would have to match Retailers or else the DD version would fail. But if the PS Store BEATS retailers, the PM version would fail. Having the two on perfect sync would be a challenge, but would be the only way to guarantee one does not dominate the other.

Sony could very possibly make a deal with Bestbuy or something and if the price changes at bestbuy (like if there's a sale, save $**.** when you buy *** and ***, or just price drops,) it immediately get's changed on PSN.

3. Don't compare something that doesn't exist to something that does (PSP2 to iPhone/iTouch). 

I agree. The current generation PSP and the iDevice is fair game though, Sony themselves said so.

4. (this branches with #1). Games can get big. PSP2, if it has high power capacity as some people have speculated (720p and whatnot), those games would be of significant size. And while the PSP2 would "theoretically" have a better wireless, it's still wireless. And if you don't have wireless internet, you're out of  luck (ex. Dial-up users and 3rd world countries).

Then if you are out of luck with no internet, you buy the physical format version and don't use PSN. Having two models solves more than crybabies.

5. Unfortunately, we can't state things that we WANT because this is based off of our life here in the US (or canada, possibly UK for some reason). Sony has to think on a GLOBAL scale (this relates to what Techni was saying earlier).

Exactly. Like the current generation PSP. (PSP-3000 and PSPgo.) If you have no internet and you want a PSP, you probably will get the physical format version. If you live near wireless internet, or have a computer or PS3 that are always connected to the internet and you prefer an all-digital platform, you have the choice of a PSPgo.

6. People need to stop making topics like these. All we get are opinion wars. It's great to state your opinion, but don't bash on others. Don't call people "wrong". Some of us are just saying what we WANT to happen, not necessarily what we THINK will happen.

I always thought I was thinking realistically

Please use plain text.
Message 170 of 221 (14 Views)
0 Likes