Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 08 2010
By: Freestylin Hekseville Citizen 318 posts

Would like a refund on my PSPgo

39 replies 25 views Edited Sep 8, 2010

I had been under the impression that when I pay double the price for a product that's used for playing the same PSP games as it's earlier models, that I'd be receiving a product that perhaps had an "edge" over the rest.  Unfortunately, that's not the case.  I purchased a PSPgo for the sole purpose of gaming without the use of UMDs, as carrying a mess of cases wasn't practical.  But with major titles like Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep not being available for Digital Download, I feel ripped off.  I don't understand why a game built for the PSP system cannot be purchased or played on the PSPgo.

Please tell me where to ship my PSPgo to receive my refund, or send me a PSP with a 16GB Memory Card as compensation for purchasing a faulty product.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7556 posts

Re: Would like a refund on my PSPgo

Sep 8, 2010
Good luck with that.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Sep 8, 2010

This should be sent to the place you actually bought it, as all of us can't do anything for you.

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Sep 8, 2010

enough with the trolling already, and if this is true, u deserve to get stuck with it because you dont know how to research.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7556 posts

Sep 8, 2010
Trolling? Hah, I'm just being brutally honest.

1. There's absolutely NOTHING forumers can do.
2. Sony and SCE does NOT read these boards.
3. It's not even Sony's fault KHBBS isn't on PSP DD, it's Disney Japan that's so paranoid of anything digital as discussed on these boards over and over and over again.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Sep 8, 2010
You can't be serious. Have you ever thought of researching what you are buying before you drop $250 on something? It's you're fault you have th Go and not the 3000. You won't get a full refund from anyone because you bought something and didn't like it. If you could do that everyone would take advantage of it. Faulty? From the sounds of it your Go works perfectly fine... Have fun with your PSP.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Sep 8, 2010

1: Who would research if a PSP system will play PSP games.  Isn't that the point of the system?

2: Nowhere did it say "PSPgo will only support select games".  In fact, I remember reading "All upcoming titles will be available for the PSPgo."  This system came out a year ago.  I bought it a year ago.  Still after a year, games aren't being produced for digital downloading.  Sounds like a fault to me.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4543 posts

Sep 8, 2010

Yep, I have to agree with the rest of these comments.  You did not get a faulty product.  They did not advertise that it would have all PSP games or anything like that; you got what they said you would get and you should have done research if that's not what you wanted.  The only way to get money back is if you are within the time limit of the store's return policy (from the store you bought it from).

Update:

"1: Who would research if a PSP system will play PSP games.  Isn't that the point of the system?"

It would be nice if all games were available, but that is obviously not the case.  The PSPGo has its online-only store store, so you have to check there to know what it plays.  You should have researched, just like if you wanted a PC game, you would check if it works on your PC; not all PSPs (as of the go) are the same.

"2: Nowhere did it say "PSPgo will only support select games".  In fact, I remember reading "All upcoming titles will be available for the PSPgo."  This system came out a year ago.  I bought it a year ago.  Still after a year, games aren't being produced for digital downloading.  Sounds like a fault to me."

They don't have to advertise what it doesn't support; similar to PS3 slim, they don't have to say it doesn't play PS2 games anymore.  The only thing that matters is what they say it does do.  If they said "All upcoming titles will be available for the PSPgo" they would have to do so, but unless you can prove that they did, they are not required to do so.  I bought my PSP3000 about a month after the Go came out, knowing that the Go would not support all titles (past or future); the information was out there, it's a shame you missed it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (25 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Sep 8, 2010

JERM7 wrote:

Yep, I have to agree with the rest of these comments.  You did not get a faulty product.  They did not advertise that it would have all PSP games or anything like that; you got what they said you would get and you should have done research if that's not what you wanted.  The only way to get money back is if you are within the time limit of the store's return policy (from the store you bought it from).

Update:

"1: Who would research if a PSP system will play PSP games.  Isn't that the point of the system?"

It would be nice if all games were available, but that is obviously not the case.  The PSPGo has its online-only store store, so you have to check there to know what it plays.  You should have researched, just like if you wanted a PC game, you would check if it works on your PC; not all PSPs (as of the go) are the same.

"2: Nowhere did it say "PSPgo will only support select games".  In fact, I remember reading "All upcoming titles will be available for the PSPgo."  This system came out a year ago.  I bought it a year ago.  Still after a year, games aren't being produced for digital downloading.  Sounds like a fault to me."

They don't have to advertise what it doesn't support; similar to PS3 slim, they don't have to say it doesn't play PS2 games anymore.  The only thing that matters is what they say it does do.  If they said "All upcoming titles will be available for the PSPgo" they would have to do so, but unless you can prove that they did, they are not required to do so.  I bought my PSP3000 about a month after the Go came out, knowing that the Go would not support all titles (past or future); the information was out there, it's a shame you missed it.

I'm not a fan of the Go, and a full supporter of the "K" series.  But I also hate it when people have to be so snotty in their responses sometimes, especially when they are so inconsistent/wrong with their info/arguments.

I remember Sony talking about the Go.  I'm pretty sure it was E3 2008 or 2009 (time flies sometimes).  But it could have been any other event...  But they DID say that "all future UMD games would be offered digitally as well" (not exact words).  And your argument, "If they said "All upcoming titles will be available for the PSPgo" they would have to do so, but unless you can prove that they did, they are not required to do so." is SOOOO poor...  Sony reps DID in fact say that even though the PS3 Slim did not have Other OS support, they would NOT be dropping Other OS support in older models.

And that is well documented.  YOU can search for yourself...  I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

The Moral?  Yes, people CAN in fact go back on their word and get away with it.  A press release or conference speech is not exactly the same thing as a written contract signed and notarized...

Getting back to the PSP Go, I also remember them saying that they would find a way to let existing PSP owners transfer their UMDs to digital format, or something like that.

The point is, IMO, someone who bought into the early hype and false information and purchased the Go COULD have a reason to be mad at how the reality has turned out.  And no, a year or so ago, they could NOT have researched it and seen into the future to find the reality.  Try all you want, but there really is NO site out there that gives full details of all things, past, present and future...  (the future part being what will be missing, at least in an end all, be all sense).

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Sep 8, 2010

DistantWords wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

Update:

I'm not a fan of the Go, and a full supporter of the "K" series.  But I also hate it when people have to be so snotty in their responses sometimes, especially when they are so inconsistent/wrong with their info/arguments.

I remember Sony talking about the Go.  I'm pretty sure it was E3 2008 or 2009 (time flies sometimes).  But it could have been any other event...  But they DID say that "all future UMD games would be offered digitally as well" (not exact words).  And your argument, "If they said "All upcoming titles will be available for the PSPgo" they would have to do so, but unless you can prove that they did, they are not required to do so." is SOOOO poor...  Sony reps DID in fact say that even though the PS3 Slim did not have Other OS support, they would NOT be dropping Other OS support in older models.

And that is well documented.  YOU can search for yourself...  I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

The Moral?  Yes, people CAN in fact go back on their word and get away with it.  A press release or conference speech is not exactly the same thing as a written contract signed and notarized...

Getting back to the PSP Go, I also remember them saying that they would find a way to let existing PSP owners transfer their UMDs to digital format, or something like that.

The point is, IMO, someone who bought into the early hype and false information and purchased the Go COULD have a reason to be mad at how the reality has turned out.  And no, a year or so ago, they could NOT have researched it and seen into the future to find the reality.  Try all you want, but there really is NO site out there that gives full details of all things, past, present and future...  (the future part being what will be missing, at least in an end all, be all sense).

sony does not speak for all the developers. maybe if "by all upcoming games" they meant first party titles their company creates.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (25 Views)
0 Likes