Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Re: Would like a refund on my PSPgo

Sep 9, 2010

Freestylin wrote:

Haha I love forums .  I forgot how literal people take things here, since it's been so long since I last posted anything.
First of all, to all the people who took my demand for a refund to heart, I understand this is the PSP General Board.  I know that my one paragraph rant about wanting my money back won't work here.  Thanks though!
The other thing is that my goal of this post was to help deter people from purchasing an incomplete product.  To understand the anger I had when I found out one of the PSP's biggest titles to date would not be available for people who were suckered into the PSPgo's hype.  The logic behind it was phenominal; 16GB of built-in memory, able to download all new games and even some older conversions and create a more portable system.  It works great as a giant MP3 player and a time killer on lunch at work.  But the main flaw is the lack of content.  I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty sure the majority of people who buy a gaming system intend to use it to buy play games.
And to the guy who commented about PC games not running on certain computers (sorry, didn't catch the name, just skimmed) the MAJOR difference is that I can upgrade my PC to work.  I can't do anything with my PSPgo.  A peripheral to attach to the PSPgo that allows you to play UMDs would be great, but it doesn't exist.  So that leaves me with two options: Buy a new PSP so I can play all games, or bite the bullet and hope the game becomes a download down the road.
Basically, anyone even thinking of buying a PSPgo, I'm telling you to save your money.  Buy memory cards instead, they're cheaper.

soundandvision77 wrote:

I agree that Sony should communicate on the PSP Go box the fact that only the games available on PSN can be played.  I bought the Go knowing full well that only certain games would be available, and I'm not interested in Kingdom Hearts anyway, but I do think that Sony needs to make more of an effort to get the third party publishers to support the Go. 

I don't know what the problem is with Square Enix though - they did eventually release Final Fantasy 7 to 10 on PSN, and they have iphone games too, so why do they have a problem with releasing KH and FF: Crisis Core on PSN?  Maybe Disney are restricting KH, but that still doesn't explain Crisis Core.  My main concern is that the same thing could happen with The 3rd Birthday as well.  They might release Parasite Eve 1 and 2 on PSN, but I won't be buying those until its confirmed that The 3rd Birthday will also have a digital release.

Anyway, I don't have any lack of games to play, so missing out on a few Square Enix games is fine for me.  I'll be playing better games like God of War while Square Enix misses out on a bunch more purchasers by excluding the Go.

I can't entirely blame Square Enix for this one.  They do have issues with digital downloads as for the cost Sony has for the PSN, but it's Disney who put the halt on it.  What bothers me about that however, is that the PSN just got a bunch of Disney games, approved by Disney, for the PlayStation up on the store - to download.  That's a bit two-faced.

It would appear that those games have since been removed. I can't find them in the store anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1037 posts

Sep 9, 2010

This is the reason I have more than one PSP. I get the best of everything

Boycotting Corrupt Moderators
PSPgo Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2875 posts

Sep 9, 2010

I'm going to get on a Wal-Mart forum and complain about the bad grapes I just bought.  That'll get me my refund.

Cable Internet | Wired | 30mbps/5mbps | Time Warner Cable | Netgear WNDR3700v3 |
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13693 posts

Sep 9, 2010

I was tempted to post my personal mailing address, but that would be against forum rules. There is nothing faulty about your PSP Go.  What was faulty was your assumption that all PSP games released after the Go was available would be in the Playstation Store.  Sony never promised that would be the case; which was wise, because they had no power to keep that promise.  It is up to the publisher of the game to decide whether to offer it for download in the Playstation Store, and when to do so.  Sony has no control over that decision for games that Sony did not publish, which is most of the PSP games. Also, any PSP can download and play games from the Playstation Store.  It isn't a feature of the PSP Go. The PSP Go has the limitation of only being able to play games from the Playstation Store. The PSP-3001 can play PSP games from any store, including the Playstation Store.  Obviously you should have purchased a PSP-3001.  You could have purchased most of your games in the Playstation Store and carried them on tiny Memory Stick Pro Duos, and you still would have had the option of putting a UMD in the drive if you wanted to play a game that wasn't available for download.  The research that you did prior to purchasing your PSP Go must have been faulty if you failed to become aware of that option.  Unfortunately, there is nowhere that you can send yourself for a refund or exchange either.  Your next best option is probably to trade in your PSP Go towards the PSP-3001 and memory stick that you should have purchased in the first place.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Sep 10, 2010

toasty_hoodie wrote:

But not everyone wants to carry around more than 1 psp

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1037 posts

Sep 10, 2010

p4s2p0 wrote:

toasty_hoodie wrote:

I don't carry more than one at a time.

Boycotting Corrupt Moderators
PSPgo Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Sep 10, 2010

toasty_hoodie wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

toasty_hoodie wrote:

I don't carry more than one at a time.

So u decide what games u'll be playin head of time. I'd jus rather be spontaneous never know what games I'll play each day

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 10, 2010

gkpama00 wrote:

What was faulty was your assumption that all PSP games released after the Go was available would be in the Playstation Store.  Sony never promised that would be the case; which was wise, because they had no power to keep that promise.  It is up to the publisher of the game to decide whether to offer it for download in the Playstation Store, and when to do so.  Sony has no control over that decision for games that Sony did not publish, which is most of the PSP games.

For reading this thread you receive the grade of F.  Sony did promise that. In fact it was an Executive Vice President of Sony at E3 2009. So not only did Sony promise it but we know the date, the time, the name and his position within Sony.  His name is in this thread if you want to go back and reread for it.

In terms of theoretical power, not the pragmatic use of power, Sony probably does have the power to enforce a publisher's game appears on PSN.  Here is how Sony could do it:

Sony would tell a publisher if he is not going to put his game on the Playstation Network then he is not going to be publishing a UMD game either.

Now such would be a short-sighted and foolish move, which is why in 2010 we have games showing up on UMD but not on PSN.  However I am pretty confident that like BLU-RAY you as a publisher have to be licensed by Sony to sell your game on Sony's UMD format. You can't just "borrow" someone else's technology and head on out and publish your game.

Some of you claiming the makers of gaming hardware have little to no power over the publishers of games need to fire up your Google browsers and read about how Square-Enix has halted the development of Final Fantasy XIV for the XBOX 360, which development was proceeding along quite nicely, because of restrictions that Microsoft is placing - or trying to place - on the XBOX 360 version of the game.  Meanwhile the PC version of FF XIV is being released this month of September (I have my copy on order), and the PS3 version of FF XIV is being released in March. The XBOX 360 version is on hold, per the words of Square-Enix on Massively.com, and as I recall, it was also mentioned on Kotaku.com

Microsoft told Square-Enix that FinalFantasy XI on the XBOX 360 "was a one-time exception" and that FF XIV will not be allowed the same exemption.  There are other postings that SE is still working with Microsoft to overcome Microsoft's "restrictions", Microsoft's "requirements" but for now two versions of the game are moving along and one version is halted - because of the maker of the hardware, who is also the owner of XBOX Live.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Sep 10, 2010

burntcoyote wrote:

gkpama00 wrote:

What was faulty was your assumption that all PSP games released after the Go was available would be in the Playstation Store.  Sony never promised that would be the case; which was wise, because they had no power to keep that promise.  It is up to the publisher of the game to decide whether to offer it for download in the Playstation Store, and when to do so.  Sony has no control over that decision for games that Sony did not publish, which is most of the PSP games.

For reading this thread you receive the grade of F.  Sony did promise that. In fact it was an Executive Vice President of Sony at E3 2009. So not only did Sony promise it but we know the date, the time, the name and his position within Sony.  His name is in this thread if you want to go back and reread for it.

In terms of theoretical power, not the pragmatic use of power, Sony probably does have the power to enforce a publisher's game appears on PSN.  Here is how Sony could do it:

Sony would tell a publisher if he is not going to put his game on the Playstation Network then he is not going to be publishing a UMD game either.

Now such would be a short-sighted and foolish move, which is why in 2010 we have games showing up on UMD but not on PSN.  However I am pretty confident that like BLU-RAY you as a publisher have to be licensed by Sony to sell your game on Sony's UMD format. You can't just "borrow" someone else's technology and head on out and publish your game.

Some of you claiming the makers of gaming hardware have little to no power over the publishers of games need to fire up your Google browsers and read about how Square-Enix has halted the development of Final Fantasy XIV for the XBOX 360, which development was proceeding along quite nicely, because of restrictions that Microsoft is placing - or trying to place - on the XBOX 360 version of the game.  Meanwhile the PC version of FF XIV is being released this month of September (I have my copy on order), and the PS3 version of FF XIV is being released in March. The XBOX 360 version is on hold, per the words of Square-Enix on Massively.com, and as I recall, it was also mentioned on Kotaku.com

Microsoft told Square-Enix that FinalFantasy XI on the XBOX 360 "was a one-time exception" and that FF XIV will not be allowed the same exemption.  There are other postings that SE is still working with Microsoft to overcome Microsoft's "restrictions", Microsoft's "requirements" but for now two versions of the game are moving along and one version is halted - because of the maker of the hardware, who is also the owner of XBOX Live.

Sony can make the treats but publishers can just go to the competitors as we've seen before. So it ends up hurting sony more than anything. More users end up buy the competition to get the game

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Sep 10, 2010

gkpama00 wrote:

I was tempted to post my personal mailing address, but that would be against forum rules. There is nothing faulty about your PSP Go.  What was faulty was your assumption that all PSP games released after the Go was available would be in the Playstation Store.  Sony never promised that would be the case; which was wise, because they had no power to keep that promise.  It is up to the publisher of the game to decide whether to offer it for download in the Playstation Store, and when to do so.  Sony has no control over that decision for games that Sony did not publish, which is most of the PSP games. Also, any PSP can download and play games from the Playstation Store.  It isn't a feature of the PSP Go. The PSP Go has the limitation of only being able to play games from the Playstation Store. The PSP-3001 can play PSP games from any store, including the Playstation Store.  Obviously you should have purchased a PSP-3001.  You could have purchased most of your games in the Playstation Store and carried them on tiny Memory Stick Pro Duos, and you still would have had the option of putting a UMD in the drive if you wanted to play a game that wasn't available for download.  The research that you did prior to purchasing your PSP Go must have been faulty if you failed to become aware of that option.  Unfortunately, there is nowhere that you can send yourself for a refund or exchange either.  Your next best option is probably to trade in your PSP Go towards the PSP-3001 and memory stick that you should have purchased in the first place.

One thing I would like to point out that I think a lot of people forget already is that before the PSP Go was released, there weren't very many PSP games on PSN except for the PSN exclusives and PS1 Classics.   This doesn't seem like a PSP Go-bashing thread, but in defense of the Go, it's release has really been a benefit for all PSP owners and future adopters of the PSP platform.  If anything, having all those games up on PSN should also help PSP-3000 sales because of the option to buy game both on UMD and digitally.  It's a lot easier to get classic PSP games from PSN rather than searching for used discs.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 40 (14 Views)
0 Likes