First Son
3 posts

Re: what do you want and what do you dont want for the new psp ?

Aug 24, 2010

sorry for double post but look we have new information for psp2:

Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Kazuo Hirai is to announce the arrival of the PSP2 later today.

According to our tipster, the PSP2 merges the line between phone and gaming device, featuring Google Android based software running the latest build customised by Sony to suit the hardware. We hear the device will also include SIM Free mobile network coverage utilising 3G and EDGE support for gaming on the go.

Other specs show the device is around the same size as PSPGo but is wider thanks to an impressive AMOLED capacitive screen which provides a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels.

As reported earlier in the week the PSP2 also  features a touch sensitive pad on the rear named “PSP Move” allowing for gesture like input.

Under the hood,  the PSP2 boots with a 1.2Ghz SnapDragon processor as well as adopting the nVidia Tegra Web processor which promises to deliver “hyper-realistic 3D graphics”.

Other notable features include a built-in camera supporting standard XVGA resolutions and directional microphone e).

Note the above information was all sent by a tipster but it sounds very interesting, though should be taken with a LARGE pinch of salt for now.

http://www.made2game.com/2010/08/24/rumour-psp-2-set-to-be-announced/

Message 21 of 26 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Aug 24, 2010

If that is true, it certainly goes against what most of us wanted.

At least the screen sounds nice.  Although even that could be a disappointment because it seems to be a 16:10 aspect ratio, which of course is less wide than 16:9.  That means that PSP games, if compatible, will have small black bars on the top and bottom.  It's not a good ratio for video either.

But, we'll have to wait and see what's actually announced.

Message 22 of 26 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Aug 24, 2010

Hmmm, it's been taken down.

Message 23 of 26 (16 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12614 posts

Aug 24, 2010

Probably because it was false.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 26 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1434 posts

Aug 24, 2010

Any phone on a next generation PSP device is a deal breaker for me. As for what I want, aside form the typical improvements in graphics and audio capabilities, I want a device that has a real web browser - not the gimmicky pseudo browser that is an embarassment on the current PSP. Media capabilities could also be enhanced; specifically, the ability to play mkv format for movies. Lastly, I really like the internet radio programs that were created for the existing PSP - I'd like to see those included but upgraded with much more sophistication and functionality.

Message 25 of 26 (16 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Aug 24, 2010

what i want, 2 analogues...

what i dont want, phone...

what sony is bound to give us... 1 or no analogues and a phone...

its sony, its what they do...

Message 26 of 26 (16 Views)