Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 10 2010
By: pllihp First Son 2 posts

will psp go charge off the iphone 3gs little power cube

12 replies 433 views Edited Sep 10, 2010

im on vacation right now and i left my charger at home but theres a gamestop here and they have the charger but my mom wont let me get cus its 30$ and yes my mom buys my stuff who CARES but she said coulld get me the usb part and i was wondering if i plugged the usb into the iphone cube that my psp would fry or even charge pleeeeeaaaassse help!!!

Message 1 of 13 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Re: will psp go charge off the iphone 3gs little power cube

Sep 10, 2010

It probably won't work. The PSP needs to have a data connection to USB charge (for some unknown reason). It will not charge off a generic, power only USB port. I have a portable USB battery pack that will charge my phone, but not my Go.

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 2 of 13 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Sep 10, 2010

If you have a computer available, and you have your USB cable then you can charge from the computer (it takes longer, but at least you can get a charge).

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 3 of 13 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 10, 2010

will it still charge off computer if the psp is completely dead

Message 4 of 13 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Sep 11, 2010

pllihp wrote:

will it still charge off computer if the psp is completely dead

Nope, as you need to go into USB connection in the PSP XMB, and if it's dead you can't.

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Message 5 of 13 (433 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

Sep 14, 2010

The iPhone charger won't fry your PSP Go (USB voltage is standardized, and is pretty much the same in all devices), but it won't charge it either. PSPs won't start charging until they establish a USB connection with the powering device, and the iPhone power cube does not emulate a USB bus controller. If the PSP Go has no power, then you need a PSP Go AC adapter to charge it.  There is no other way.  If the PSP Go still turns on, then you can connect it to any device that can communicate with and power a USB peripheral to charge it; including a PC, game console, or even a digital cable/satellite box or TV.

GKP
Message 6 of 13 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Sep 14, 2010
HAHA @ all you, i use my power cube all the time, just put it in USB mode, the cube does not need to emulate USB functions, as long as it is in USB mode on your pspgo, you will have no problems
Message 7 of 13 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Sep 14, 2010

Gamble_STARS wrote:
HAHA @ all you, i use my power cube all the time, just put it in USB mode, the cube does not need to emulate USB functions, as long as it is in USB mode on your pspgo, you will have no problems

cool that works but it won't help the OP as he said the PSP is completely dead, so he can't put it in USB mode.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 8 of 13 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Sep 14, 2010

JSiggy wrote:

Gamble_STARS wrote:

cool that works but it won't help the OP as he said the PSP is completely dead, so he can't put it in USB mode.

Man I hate that. My PSP was dead one time, and I only had a USB cable, I was too mad.....I think a simple Firmware update can allow for charging w/o the USB enabled. The USB is already tied in with the main charging source, just have to have a way to unlock it to were it can be activated once the USB cable is plugged in.

Message 9 of 13 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Sep 14, 2010

pllihp wrote:

im on vacation right now and i left my charger at home but theres a gamestop here and they have the charger but my mom wont let me get cus its 30$ and yes my mom buys my stuff who CARES but she said coulld get me the usb part and i was wondering if i plugged the usb into the iphone cube that my psp would fry or even charge pleeeeeaaaassse help!!!

Moments like these remind me why I love my PSP-3000 and its removable battery.

Message 10 of 13 (433 Views)
0 Likes