First Son
8 posts

Re: 3.56 UPDATE MEST UP!

Jan 29, 2011

Well after much research and debate, I've found a friend that is willing to let me use his PS3 to do a data transfer (the transfer wipes all data on receiving PS3). There's no way in HELL I'm going to lose my GT5 save data (copy protected), and as far as I can tell this is the only way to not lose it. Thankfully my friend had no copy protected files on his PS3 so I copied all of his save files to a flash drive last night, getting a crossover cable tomorrow, then going for the data transfer and formatting my PS3. I'll then try to update my PS to the 3.56 patch again, hope it works, then transfer everything back to the original. If the firmware still doesn't work, I'll transfer everything back over and be in the same situation I'm in now until Sony decides to fix this problem. -Crosses fingers-

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 113 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 29, 2011

mine worked fine and so did my buddy's we both have the 40GB PS3 phats, so I dont know if that makes a difference. Although my friend with the  60 with backwards compatibilty and he had some glitches but he can still use it? so not sure what to say??

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 113 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2327 posts

Jan 29, 2011

as with any update. i never had a problem.  i dont know why so many of you do.  it took 15 minutes to download (i think, but it wasnt longer than that), and installed fine.  i have an 80 gig fatty.

some_text
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 113 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 29, 2011

Hmm sounds intrestesting. I would like to try the samething as you, except i would have the receiving ps3, since i don't care much for the data on my ps3 (except black ops, but whatever i ll pretend its me just prestiging). So anyhow, could you please explain the procedures or direct me to a place that has the steps, info, etc...

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 113 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 29, 2011

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/transferutility.html       

There's the link on everything you need to know. I also think in that guide it says you can use an ethernet cable but it has to be a crossover cable, which is different than a normal ethernet cable. Go to google shopping and search for "crossover cable" and you'll see what you need. I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to get one.       

edit: Just noticed you said you possibly didn't have any copy protected files on your PS3? If this is the case then you don't need to do a system to system transfer, you could just copy your save files to a flash drive, format your PS3, try the update, then just copy your files back over and reinstall your games. This could be easier or more difficult depending on how many games you have installed on your system I guess.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 113 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 29, 2011

I have an Og Ps3, well I've sent 1 in twice! I don't hack, jailbreak, Hell since my Ylod, all I can do is watch Netflix or movies I rent from Psn store. I can't watch poop now on my ps3 all it does is error error error. Everytime Sony updates they kill off a fat Ps3, and then they want you to send it in or swap out, 4 a fee. WTF is up Sony!!!?

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 113 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 29, 2011

Is Sony serious. I cannot update to this new version. Internet or flash drive do not work. My system is legit and non of that jail break stuff. There must be a problem in their new version. I have netfilx that I cannot use and if this continue Sony will be hearing from me. No way they should be charging customers for their mess because it's obvious a lot of people is having the same issue so this is not isolated.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 113 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 29, 2011

I tried downloaded the update to a usb drive. It didn't make a difference. Exact same behavior.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 113 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 29, 2011

After the 3.56 update mine will no longer play blu-ray movies. It was playing ps3 games but I havent tried one since I realized the blu-ray movies wouldnt play. It's sad that people pay good money for these things and they get them messed up by the very company they paid good money to purchase one.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 113 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jan 29, 2011

I havent noticed any problems with this system update. I had to replace a system two updates ago though. It YLOD after I installed that update. Sony of course said, It was just a small software update and it was just coincidence that my system YLOD. Why can't they admit that their updates do cause problems and take responsibility for their garbage updates.

Treyarch can't get their updates to work either. Black Ops is worse now then it was a week ago. They fixed nothing. Can't anybody do their jobs right anymore?

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 113 (1 View)
0 Likes