Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 16 2013
By: TigerBrowskie First Son 1 posts

80029564 error.

[ Edited ]
10 replies 645 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

I keep getting the 80029564 error when downloading Skyrim Dragonborn DLC. I followed the suggestion of trying to download it again, about 3 times, and each time it gives the same error.

Is there another way to download the DLC/Fix the error, and if not, is there a way to get a refund?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (645 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: 80029564 error.

Feb 16, 2013

I am having the same issue. Is there any fix for this or should I waste my time contacting Sony?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (611 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I have also tried downloading the Dragonborn DLC literally 9 times now, same 80029564 error every time. I restored the system files and rebuilt the data base and still nothing. I have a couple other downloads it has been doing the same thing with as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (607 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I got this error today, downloaded SSF4 (18gb) which took me 4 WHOLE DAYS to download, and it just crashed while installing throwing the error code 80029564, I'm not downloading that sh*t again!

Searched on internet and discovered this error has been happening since 2009!!! **bleep**!!! why isn´t this error fixed????????

I wanted to purchase some games from PSN but now I will not, what if I purchase stuff that will not work???

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I can't seem to find the thread that I already posted in about this frustrating and annoying issue. I thought it was these forums.

I have had this problem since I got my new PS3 a month or so ago. My fat PS3 died over a year ago and I haven't played PS3 since then. I was so excited of buying a new system that I took advantage of the PS+ offer with 3 extra months. As soon as I tried to download any of my purchased PSN games over 400mb, this error pops up. Two weeks ago, I was on the phone with SONY for about 20 min. They told me to enter safe mode, restore file system and rebuild database. I did that. I didnt get to test it again until the next night. And I still have this problem today!!! So I'm a PS+ user that have a useless subscription because I can't download any of the timed trial games or any content larger than 400mb (initially from the store). I couldn't download any patches for any games at first (Assassins Creed III) but when I restored the file system again and went in game to download an update, it went through. But no go for any content on the PSN store. This problem has been on going since 2009. It's been close to 4 years and it still exist and I've tried everything from calling my ISP, to which they told me that they don't support anything related to PS3. I tried port forwarding, DMZ, nothing works. I was advise to even turn off my firewall. I will not resort to this when I have other devices in my network. 

MAzing87
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Summary of my set up

PS3 slim 

I'm wired (Ethernet)

Static IP (manually entered my address)

ISP (Fios)

Router (ActionTec) (I had no issues downloading anything before)

I have an old Linksys Router. Would bridging it work? 

MAzing87
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (513 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: 80029564 error when trying to install Demon's Souls

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

I have been attempting to install Demon Souls for several days. At first I set it to download in the background. It seemed to download in its entirety.  After it installed approximately 14% I got the 80029564  error message that the file was corrupted.

Next, I went back and downloaded direct from the store - not from the transaction list as I had originally. I set it up to download at night since it was going to take about 4 hours to download. Next morning, after the download finished - I ran into the SAME problem. It installed about 14% when the 80029564 error popped up, again.

Today I downloaded it directly from the store - not from the transaction list. I did not download it in the background. I sat and suffered through the 4 hours, making sure the screen saver never came on. I deleted the corrupt file. After four boring hours, the file attempted to install and I got the same darned problem. FIle is corrupted. Cannot install.

I have done everything that has been suggested in this forum to correct the problem. Please tell me what else to try. Yes, I switched to a wired download to make sure my network isn't the problem. I am pretty annoyed since this is a game I have wanted for a while. I have done everything right. Why is this happening?

My other question is that this seems to be a known issue. Why hasn't Sony addressed it or fixed it?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (485 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4106 posts

Re: 80029564 error when trying to install Demon's Souls

Apr 19, 2013

cybersleuth58 wrote:

I have been attempting to install Demon Souls for several days. At first I set it to download in the background. It seemed to download in its entirety.  After it installed approximately 14% I got the 80029564  error message that the file was corrupted.

Next, I went back and downloaded direct from the store - not from the transaction list as I had originally. I set it up to download at night since it was going to take about 4 hours to download. Next morning, after the download finished - I ran into the SAME problem. It installed about 14% when the 80029564 error popped up, again.

Today I downloaded it directly from the store - not from the transaction list. I did not download it in the background. I sat and suffered through the 4 hours, making sure the screen saver never came on. I deleted the corrupt file. After four boring hours, the file attempted to install and I got the same darned problem. FIle is corrupted. Cannot install.

I have done everything that has been suggested in this forum to correct the problem. Please tell me what else to try. Yes, I switched to a wired download to make sure my network isn't the problem. I am pretty annoyed since this is a game I have wanted for a while. I have done everything right. Why is this happening?

My other question is that this seems to be a known issue. Why hasn't Sony addressed it or fixed it?

Because this issue can normally be fixed by ones self, and is not necessarly Sony's fault.

I do have a question though:

Seeing as I've noticed a good amount of people experiencing this problem, I want to know this...

Are you in one region, and trying to buy/download stuff from another region's PS Store?

I only ask, because I'm looking for some kind of common link between each complaint.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (482 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Disabling Media Server fixes ERROR 80029564

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

~I'm in the US; I am trying to install what I downloaded from the US store. Hope that's what you meant by region.

~If the issue is Media Server, as it was here, then the issue is one that Sony should deal with.

~I found these instructions posted by another person here. I am cross posting to help others: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/A-FIX-FOR-ERROR-80029564-OR-Download-St...

" 09-17-2012 09:35 AM

After 2 hours of downloading, my app installed 14% and I got the error code 8002954...
"Corrupt File" Error & an error code! "80029564" But any way, Here is what I did to fix the prob!

1- Do NOT delete the file!

2- Check under network setting to disable media server
( You can turn enable it after!)

3- Download the file again from PS Store ONLY!
NOT FROM YOUR TRANSACTION LIST ON PS3! EVEN THOUGH THE ERROR TELLS YOU TO!!!! &
>>>>>>>>>>>>"DO NOT "DOWNLOAD IT IN BACKGROUND!!!"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Just sit & suffer until it's done!

4- Do NOT allow the screen saver to come on!
Just hit a button on the controller every 5 min's or so!

5- After the download completes, You should have no prob installing!
Remember to try installing the NEW Download! NOT the Old Corrupt one!

6- After install has completed, You may turn on Enable Media Server" again (Under Network Settings) &

delete the Corrupt file that didn't work! (RE-Step 1 )

How to  DISABLE MEDIA SERVER:

1. Go to [Network Settings] and press the X button iconbutton
2. Select [Media Server Connection] and press the X button iconbutton.
3. Select "Disable" and press the X button iconbutton.

DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP (you can enable media server once you've installed the game)

Good luck.... I hope this works for everyone 'cause it worked for me. Enjoy your downloads!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (458 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: Disabling Media Server fixes ERROR 80029564

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

I'm having this issue, but I can't get my update from the store because this is an update that is unobtainable from the store. This is an update that I get after putting in my BL2 disc and starting the game. It tells me that an update is needed and will be downloaded after it signs me out. I also got the 80029564 error when I downloaded the new dlc for BL2. 4 times! From what I gather, if there are too many people downloading the same file at a time, you will get this error and there's nothing that can be done about it. Well, except to just keep on trying or wait a couple days for the traffic to slow down. Yeah, good luck with that! 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (359 Views)
0 Likes