Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Assassins`s creed 3 freezing

Nov 16, 2012

A big fan of AC, I am very disappointed. Freezes repeatedly during disk access in the frontier. I have lost time on an unplayable game. UBISOFT need to recognse and fix this problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (2,701 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Apparently ubisoft is releasing another patch for the game this week.  Several sites have the list of fixes but I hope the one below will catch all of the not so rare crashes that I seem to have.

- Fixed various rare crashes

Since day one this game has been unplayable... i'd really like to get some use out of that $60 I spent.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (2,653 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Well AC3 friends I think you will love this little tid bit of info, I got AC3 and updated it first thing before even playing and truth be told it ran just fine till Sequence 4, no crash till then but i pushed past the glitchy grafics and game/system crashes after.  I liberated both city's and did the homestead missions heck even had 90% sync, and after all the trouble of getting to the last mission on Sequence 11 the system froze up during a auto-save point and I had no choice but to restart. ok not to bad you think well the save data was corrupted (expected that) and so I did safemode data recovery, rebuild OS and nothing helped, ended up formatting my 40G PS3 and now you would think it could run the same or even better than before... but it is even worse off than before.  Now im stuck on Sequence 2 where it always freeze's while riding the cart or will not even load to that point, lost all my data on the PS3 (by choice thank goodness) but what really gets me is the fact that after all the things are done it works worse than before.

Oh i do have a 120G but it wont even read the disk :smileysad:  oh and everyone you should read the warranty section of the manual, I thought that summed up why the game is crap.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (2,627 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Ubisoft Clearly chose last quarter sales numbers over satisfied customers and their own reputation.  Not to mention the fact that they've kept their customers who have bought the game on day one in the dark to the many issues that plague it. 

I opened a ticket with their helpdesk and all the representative keeps repeating is that "IT must clearly be YOUR system, as nothing points to it being our game."

REALLY?.... REALLY??

Every game I own works fine on my system, NO other game crashes but YOURS....  But it's my system that is the problem?

This far surpasses the Diablo 3 launch that Blizzard botched.  At least I knew they were working on it, and they didn't blame  their customer base for their own failure.

Too bad corporations don't feel shame.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (2,618 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Hey, im having the exact same problem. i did the data base rebuilding, uninstalled installed the game. but still freezes. this is so **bleep** frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (2,605 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Hey guys I am having the same problem. It was alll fine till i got to sequence 6 then it started for me. I restarted my system a few times and it still froze then a few days later i replaced the disc and it still froze after that i reinstalled it and it still froze. i love this game and i want to keep playing please fix it ubisoft.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (2,584 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Found a possible fix!

Dec 27, 2012

If you go to your Game Utility data, which is located just above the disc to start the game. Once there find the AC3 data and delete it. MAKE SURE IT'S GAME UTILITY, NOT SAVED DATA UTILITY

then start up AC3 and you will have to re-install the game to your HD.

this makes it so a corrupted game data, causing your game to freeze, gets deleted and re-installed

it seemed to help me a little bit. This game was unplayable before, freezing within seconds of launch.

now i can at least get 20-30 minutes of gameplay before it locks up.

but then again i've had my system for almost 3 years now so it might be dying on me sadly 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (2,171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 27, 2012

I bought the game yesterday it started working fine, later on in the day i went to play online, did the tutorial, tried to start a game session, turned on my mic then.... it froze. I restart my system now it wont read any of my games, even after i did a system format (quick). It will read a dvd just fine but not any of my games.... i havent tried a blue ray movie yet. Any one else have this problem before?? or is my disk reader just going???

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (2,159 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013
Hi guys, Don't know if anyone has had this issue, but my game freezez during the chase in the BURGLAR ON THE HOMESTEAD mission. it always happens at the exact same moment everytime. right after i cross the river while chasing the thief, everytime. I even tried chasing him down in an alternative route, same result. this issue just prevented me from finishing the game, since it autosaved right at the beggining of the mission, everytime i load up the game it starts the chase sequence. any help would appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (2,046 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I had the same problem. Game would hang at loading screen. I had to delete the game data but, kept the game saves. Reinstalled and had to re-update and reinstall any downloaded content. So far it has been working just fine. I hope it stays that way. Somehow the game data became corrupted. Anyway, good luck folks. I hope this helps you out.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (1,924 Views)