Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 10 2013
By: HeroLv9 First Son 3 posts

BAD DAY or..!?

5 replies 100 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

ok earlier today i just recieve a messeage from a personal friend of mine in my inbox. It is one of those spam message thingy were it says '' i got 50$ free blah blah blah'' i checked it to reply to him, cuz i thought it was funny he sent me one ( he never send spam messages ). When i click reply my system goes into recovery mode....... not only that when it says '' connect usb and push ps button '' (which i had done), my remote can't seem to turn on/register and let you pick the options.  so i don't know what the hell is going on..... i don't know if it was a coincident my system happen to mess up as i tried to reply to the message or some type of ''virus'' did something... all i know is im having a  bad day.

i would also like to mention that my brother also recieve the same message from the same friend and nothing happened to his system.

what i would at least like to know is how do i get it off recovery mode, if possible, because like i mention my remotes  ( i tried with more than 1 remote and usb) doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Re: BAD DAY or..!?

Feb 10, 2013

So what happens when you turn it on?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 10, 2013

it goes to recovery mode......

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28642 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

It wasn't a virus, the PS3 isn't susceptible to Viruses like a PC is.

I would put this down to coincidence.

Are you able to access Safe Mode at all?

Lastly I suggest reporting the PSN ID that sent it to you, then blocking them from your PS3 then deleting the message, what ever you do DO NOT forward the message to anyone else or you risk having your account banned.

BRIT-KO.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (69 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Feb 10, 2013
i cant access the options in safe mode due to the fact that my ps3 controller doesn't seem to want to connect. i have the usb connected to the ps3 and controller, i see the blinking red light on the controller. i push the ps button but the light still flashes.... for w/e reason its not connecting, i cant get to the options part. i turn the system off and on and it goes straight to safe mode... i tried to connect with many different controller and usb, none seem to be working.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

Follow directions here and choose #3.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488/~/safe-mode-on-ps3

You have to have your controller connected with the usb cable.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (53 Views)