Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 16 2013
By: awesome_al98 First Son 1 posts

Blinking red power light

5 replies 212 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

My ps3 is not working and has a game stuck in it. When I try to turn on my Ps3 the power light first turns green then yellow and then a blinking red and I have no idea how to fix it

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (212 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28992 posts

Re: Blinking red power light

Feb 16, 2013

awesome_al98 wrote:

My ps3 is not working and has a game stuck in it. When I try to turn on my Ps3 the power light first turns green then yellow and then a blinking red and I have no idea how to fix it

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your PS3 is suffering from YLOD, Yellow Light ot Death, it will need reparing or replacing.

As for the stuck disc, try holding down the eject button for around 20 sconds, it should 'force eject'.

BRT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Ok, wth is the YLOD "Yellow Light of Death"?   My PS3 bundle (160GB Metal Gear Solid Edition) was one of, if not THE FIRST PS3 system on the market!  I paid 600 bucks for it plus warranty, plus tax, plus ALL THE GAMES & OTHER ACCESSORIES and until today, NEVER HAD ISSUE #1!  I played earlier for 30 minutes and powered it down b/4 going to the store & when I got back, powered it on only to hear 3 beeps & it powering down almost immediately-flashing a red indicator that apparently has to do with overheating?  

WHAT IS THIS YLOD?  CAN YOU give more information on what the heck the problem is?

Tony B.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (158 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28992 posts

Feb 21, 2013

TJBaut wrote:

Ok, wth is the YLOD "Yellow Light of Death"?   My PS3 bundle (160GB Metal Gear Solid Edition) was one of, if not THE FIRST PS3 system on the market!  I paid 600 bucks for it plus warranty, plus tax, plus ALL THE GAMES & OTHER ACCESSORIES and until today, NEVER HAD ISSUE #1!  I played earlier for 30 minutes and powered it down b/4 going to the store & when I got back, powered it on only to hear 3 beeps & it powering down almost immediately-flashing a red indicator that apparently has to do with overheating?  

WHAT IS THIS YLOD?  CAN YOU give more information on what the heck the problem is?

The three beeps isn't always YLOD, that can as you indicated be an over-heating issue or possible a power-supply problem, if you're not seeing a yellow light then it's something else.

If you want to learn more about YLOD just Google it.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Thanks for the information!  I guess my issue would be the RLOD???  

Tony B.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (131 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28992 posts

Feb 22, 2013

TJBaut wrote:

Thanks for the information!  I guess my issue would be the RLOD???  

The PS3 doesn't have 'RLOD', check out the power-supply to see if it's that, it would be an easy fix if it is.

If it isn't that it's possibly a hardware failure, are you able to access 'Safe Mode' at all?

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes