Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 31 2010
By: xZethx Splicer 63 posts

Buy a PC

17 replies 6 views Edited Mar 31, 2010
Who cares if they get raid of a useless thing like OS. If your using your playstation as a PC then you probably should of bought a PC first. Its not even like Linux good at all, its probably the worst thing I ever used.
Message 1 of 18 (6 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
163 posts

Re: Buy a PC

Mar 31, 2010

With your permission, I'd like to copy/pasta your post to the Ubuntu forums.  I've got a bit of a bet going on with some of the guys over there.

Message 2 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2726 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Linux is GREAT... On a PC the PS3 sucks at running it because the hardware is locked from use during OtherOS.

Message 3 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Mar 31, 2010

xZethx wrote:
Who cares if they get raid of a useless thing like OS. If your using your playstation as a PC then you probably should of bought a PC first. Its not even like Linux good at all, its probably the worst thing I ever used.

You're right. I should just buy a PC that can do what the PS3 does instead of using something that currently works perfectly for my uses. I'm having a little trouble though. Could you please point out a PC with an IBM Cell processor? I'm not finding any in my searches.

63 posts

Mar 31, 2010
So you went out and bought a game system to turn it into a PC -_-.
Message 5 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Mar 31, 2010

xZethx wrote:

EXACTLY

truth be known these dudes peolly don't even own a PC, hello?

Message 6 of 18 (6 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Mar 31, 2010

As soon as sony cuts me my check I will. I bought the ps3 as advertised back then, more a pc than a gaming system & work on my linux for work. Also watch sports on tv through it & many things. I'm not going to spend more money on anything unless it's an xbox

Message 7 of 18 (6 Views)
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Mar 31, 2010
+1 OP. Great post.
xSiC6SiXx
Message 8 of 18 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1569 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Hmm.... I have a desktop which I built myself for home, and a laptop + a netbook for when i'm not home. That "go buy a PC" is pointless to say and not to mention the most typical "blind" person to say when they obviously haven't tried the feature to its full potential despite the limit of it.

I use OtherOS a lot for emulation of old consoles on my TV. Other times I use it to listen to music that the PS3 OS doesn't support. The simplicity of it all: I can use OtherOS with the DualShock 3 as a mouse and an emulated controller. And before any of you say "well you can do that on a regular computer" then that means you never heard of the word "convenience". I don't know about some of you but I rather not sit at my computer for hours playing games. Hell, I rarely play games on my computers anyway.

So yeah, come up with another excuse instead of that buy a PC crap.

Message 9 of 18 (6 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Mar 31, 2010

If this were an Xbox, then buying a PC would be a valid suggestion.  The original Xbox was really nothing more than a compact PC.  But the PS3 is not a PC, and finding an equivalent replacement is not easy, nor cheap.  When you start looking at just what the PS3 really is, from the computing perspective, the differences are staggering.  It's not hard to see why people get angry when someone says "just buy  a PC", as it's kind of like saying, "your windows box is running slow?  why didn't you just buy a VAX?".  They're completely different.

Message 10 of 18 (6 Views)