Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 23 2012
By: keyframer01 First Son 1 posts

Can't stream my Hulu, NetFlix or Vudu to PS3 properly

3 replies 380 views Edited Aug 23, 2012

I was always suprised at how well the streaming apps worked on my PS3 until a few weeks ago. I have been using Netflix streaming since it was first offered on PS3 and I have been a Hulu Plus subscriber since that was first offered on PS3 also. It's always worked great. The only complaint I ever had was that Hulu doesn't come throughin 5.1. But that is a Hulu issue not PS3. 

For some reason, now I can't stream anything.  Hulu will start to play but only for a bout 15-20 seconds then it pauses as if it were buffering. In Vudud you can test your connection speed tooptimize what quality you can playback. At one point I could play back the highest quality format. Now, Vudu says my conection is too slow to download anyting.  When I check my internet connection on the PS3, it's great. I think it's about 3.6 or 3.9mbps.

Hulu works fine on my Mac and iPad so I know it's not Hulu. Something is wrong with the way the PS3 is connecting to these services. 

Anyone else having this problem? It seemed to start happening after an update was installed.

Message 1 of 4 (380 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Re: Can't stream my Hulu, NetFlix or Vudu to PS3 properly

Aug 24, 2012
Same here. Hulu Plus stopped streaming videos properly after it last updated. I tested it out on my IPHONE same problem. It seems it varies since it works for you on other systems.
Message 2 of 4 (362 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 11, 2012
Ditto...I was able use it briefly before it decided to log out. Tried everything mentioned above (other devices, password tests) nothing. This along with Netflix is how I primarily watch t.v.so the faster this is fixed the better.
Message 3 of 4 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Message 4 of 4 (322 Views)
0 Likes