Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: Deus ex human revolution locking up at the "PRESS START" screen

Feb 5, 2013

Actually no, deleting the 1.01 update doesn't make any difference, I tried it and ran into the same issue again afterwards.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (1,084 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Was it really a priority to necromance this thread ?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Destroy your enemies without hesitation and remorse!
ISIS collaborators perished - 12 / 456.....working on 13.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (1,082 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Thanks for posting this, I am glad to know that this is a common problem. i was starting to worry i needed to get my PS3 serviced.  I downloaded this from plus and i am still having this issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (904 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jun 8, 2013
This is how you fix the problem.

1. Make sure you're signed out of PSN.
2. Load a save or start a new game.
3. Sign in to PSN if you wish.

I recommend disabling PSN auto-sign in if you plan to play this game for a while.

Important: If your PS3 freezes, do not unplug it. Hold the power button until it shuts down. Do not turn it off from the back power button which is only present on phat PS3 models.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (900 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Also, mark my post above as a solution if it helps you out so that more people can get to it quickly.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (898 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Hopefully, more people will post this problem. Is not the controller, neither the game data or save data. I uninstalled the game and erase the game and save data and it still happening. And the lock or freeze is different. Is the one that you press the power button to stand by or turn off and it stays on with green light blinkin like twice a second  and nothing happens and I need to unplugged the ps3. HATE unpluging the PS3 while on!!!! Please Sony, take care of it cause if my ps3 gets damaged because of this you wont give me a Free PS3!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (828 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I'm really kinda surprised this hasn't been patched. I mean, it seems like a pretty major bug, plus it is getting a lot of attention now that it is part of PS+.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (802 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 23, 2013
I chatting with a live support and pasted this thread to inform them that we got deus ex problems
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jun 23, 2013
The problem is obvious. Your PS3 is just not ready for the mega awesomeness that is Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (735 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Charles D.: I can understand why this is upsetting but I can only troubleshoot the issue. You have done most of the steps already but there is another step we can try.

I haven't heard any complaints related to this game so far. I don't have information if there will be a patch released for this game.

southpawdragon: i would rather delete game, game data and saved data again and wait for an email that problem been solved before redownloading game if no patch can be given

Charles D.: Now I did research the game and the actual Publisher of the game is Square Enix you may want to contact them to see if they have any information about a patch for the game:

Square Enix Phone Support: 310-846-0345
Email Support: support.na.square-enix.com/

southpawdragon: i dont get it though any patch they provide has to be downloaded outside of psn store?\
Charles D.: Yes when ever there is a patch released for any game. When you connect online with the game it would detect the latest patch available to help the stability of the game. Since they are the Publishers they would have information about a Patch for the game.

southpawdragon: but the game locks the ps3
southpawdragon: most of the time

Charles D.: Since its a downloaded game on the HDD. When it has issues loading correctly it would cause the PS3 to freeze.

southpawdragon: i will contact square and mention your reply in the forum since im not the only one experiencing this
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (735 Views)
0 Likes