Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
60 posts

Re: HOW ARE AVATARS AND THEMES SO FRICKIN IMPORTANT!?

Sep 4, 2009

SKuLL2244 wrote:

This is stupid! I PROMISED myself I would NOT make a post complaining about complainers. Now look at me, i'm ashamed to call myself a hypocrite right now but I am.

Answer me this 1 question: How are avatars and themes so important? Did PS1 have them? Did PS2? (Somewhat online but no one gave 2 s$%ts) You people are taking this for granted by saying "Oh sony fails right now" "LET'S MAKE A LIST OF UNSUPPORTING PLAYERS" "Put this in your sig if you hate 3.00" 

If you hate 3.00 that much, sell you PS3. You're killing the PSN and nobody wants you here. Just go play the other 2 consoles if you hate PS3 so much. I'll tell you what whenever I get sick of playing my PS3, I go play the box. It's not that bad.

Just SHUT UP and GROW UP please!

Message Edited by SKuLL2244 on 09-03-2009 08:05 PM

Avatars and themes, themes most of all, give people a feeling of personalization thus making the console something important. Like the other box's avatars where people can customize and make their own people can say hey that's mine. Giving people at least the illusion of this kind of power over THEIR consoles and profiles can greatly improve the feelings some people will have towards Sony or others. I believe customization should be the way console maker should go giving people that hey I can fell and look independent, while still looking like everyone else, and special,not slow kind of special. 

Photobucket
Message 11 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
636 posts

Sep 4, 2009

TheDude059 wrote:

AntDaGamer wrote:
 Tell EM! It doesn't have these guys are 360 fanboys in disguise stirring up trouble. I'm glad my XMB is fast!
 there is a difference with what you would call a troll cause the xbox people dont know much about the XMB. also i dont think they have enough time to be on a ton of sites from psu.com to youtube to smaller forums all over the net. if no one complains then nothing will be ever fixed about anything and not just some stupid features on the ps3.
 i wonder how many windows xp users would have been happy if they forced to goto vista? do you think everyone would just love microsoft for that? lots of people didnt switch and they were giving options... 

I detect a 360 fanboy from your 28 posts and your sig. And your name. '59'... One away from 60. Buuut it all could be 'just a coincidence'(sp) lol..... jk

angel-94.
Message 12 of 39 (0 Views)
VP of Gaming
29920 posts

Sep 4, 2009
Yeah i agree with you. is an avatar or a theme really what gaming is all about.. people hating sony because of things like that.. i care about the games. my complaint is that GTA IV has no DLC on ps3. not when will i get a new avatar
Message Edited by HiTmAN_90 on 09-03-2009 10:08 PM

Message 13 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Sep 4, 2009

Todays gaming landscape is different than it was in the glory days of the PS2.  Avatars are very important to today's gamers, and thats why there is all this complaining.

Message 14 of 39 (0 Views)
Sackboy
636 posts

Sep 4, 2009

Also its the little stuff what matters.

Look at it this way:

How good is the football team if there's no center. What's so good about the QB if there's no receivers.

In this case the ps3 is the team and the avatars and themes are the player positions.

angel-94.
Message 15 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Sep 4, 2009
Those complainers aren't really as annoying as the 3.00 complainers.  They want something that others aren't going to pay for while the 3.00 complainers are complaining because they feel they can't stare at their XMB's anymore.  THOSE are the ones you should point your anger at, NOT the ones who are willing to pay for an avatar.
Photobucket
Message 16 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
636 posts

Sep 4, 2009

killla_that_dude wrote:
Those complainers aren't really as annoying as the 3.00 complainers.  They want something that others aren't going to pay for while the 3.00 complainers are complaining because they feel they can't stare at their XMB's anymore.  THOSE are the ones you should point your anger at, NOT the ones who are willing to pay for an avatar.

Agreed. If you complain at something thats free then thats dumb. But if you complain at something that you are willing to pay for, then I understand.
angel-94.
Message 17 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Sep 4, 2009

Angel-94 wrote:

killla_that_dude wrote:

Agreed. If you complain at something thats free then thats dumb. But if you complain at something that you are willing to pay for, then I understand.
Hell, most people will pay if we'd be able to get what we want and Sony knows this too. Sony and their engineers are just to damn lazy to do the bloody coding. 

Message 18 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
730 posts

Sep 4, 2009
Shh...your angrying them....you don't know what they can do. But in actuallity I agree with you 200% about everything. You bought the the PS3 for what? Gaming, Videos, Pictures, and Music and it delivers on that, you didn't buy the PS3 for the XMB or the avatars. It's like going to a bakery and getting a cake but you are upset because the box carrying the cake is red and not blue like the bakery down the street's boxes are.

Photobucket

Message 19 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Sep 4, 2009

Angel-94 wrote:

TheDude059 wrote:

AntDaGamer wrote:
 Tell EM! It doesn't have these guys are 360 fanboys in disguise stirring up trouble. I'm glad my XMB is fast!
 there is a difference with what you would call a troll cause the xbox people dont know much about the XMB. also i dont think they have enough time to be on a ton of sites from psu.com to youtube to smaller forums all over the net. if no one complains then nothing will be ever fixed about anything and not just some stupid features on the ps3.
 i wonder how many windows xp users would have been happy if they forced to goto vista? do you think everyone would just love microsoft for that? lots of people didnt switch and they were giving options... 

I detect a 360 fanboy from your 28 posts and your sig. And your name. '59'... One away from 60. Buuut it all could be 'just a coincidence'(sp) lol..... jk

lol its okay im just upset about my games not working and the ticker (with the ads and all that) everything else i can live with. i did have this name on xbox when i owned one and it was name since aim back in the 90's. thedude was taken and so was a bunch of other ones so i picked 0 5 and 9 because of there order in the number system first middle and last lol
my problem is that people love gang up on the people that have a problem if sony just gave both options no one would care... 
 and for the record microsoft cant make hardware at all so really both companies are still the best at what they were founded hardware and the ms for software and also uncharted and now uncharted 2 is my favorite modern series so no love for xbox other then their online service which i havent scene since 2008 lol so maybe its a lot different  

other people like things different then I??? IMPOSSIBLE
Message 20 of 39 (0 Views)
0 Likes