Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 22 2012
By: Caber1 First Son 10 posts

Home icon missing from XMB

4 replies 141 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

lLooking for help, the Home launch icon has gone missing from my XMB. l have no way of logginh into Home. l contacted support and they had me start my PS3 in safe mode and repair and restore files. On my own l downloaded the latest PS3 update to a flash drive and installed, still no luck. l searched the PSN store and there's no download available there. l even tried using a message invite to join a friend on Home and that failed saying l need to have Home in order to join. l'm looking for idead tips or suggestions before l restore my PS3 to orriginal factory settings.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (141 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28653 posts

Re: Home icon missing from XMB

Dec 23, 2012

Caber1 wrote:

lLooking for help, the Home launch icon has gone missing from my XMB. l have no way of logginh into Home. l contacted support and they had me start my PS3 in safe mode and repair and restore files. On my own l downloaded the latest PS3 update to a flash drive and installed, still no luck. l searched the PSN store and there's no download available there. l even tried using a message invite to join a friend on Home and that failed saying l need to have Home in order to join. l'm looking for idead tips or suggestions before l restore my PS3 to orriginal factory settings.

This may sound like a silly question but if the "HOME" icon isn't there have you just tried re-installing it?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (124 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Dec 23, 2012

that's the issue, there seems to be no way to do that. it's like Home doesn't exist. there's no DL for it anywhere l can find.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 23, 2012

try this i found on a europe blog:

(Note: if you have anything downloading already, the home will probably appear when they're all done)

What you have to do is:

1) Go into the Playstation Store

2) Set something small downloading (I used the Alien Versus Predator SD trailer - only 22MB)

3) Set it to download in background

4) Leave the shop and turn off your ps3 BEFORE it has finished downloading

5) Turn the PS3 back on

6) Wait for download to complete

7) Once download has finished, the home icon will be available

It's as simple as that

I hope all those homeless people can now enjoy home as I am about to do

Serah-Farron: the one who will not be forgotten

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13966 posts

Dec 23, 2012

If icons are missing from the XMB, normally booting in safe mode and using the Rebuild Database option is the best chance to correct that without having to restore the entire system to factory state.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (112 Views)