Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Re: Long Time Customer's Thoughts About Linux and Future Firmware

Apr 24, 2010

Thanks for the info AR_Kozz.  I'm going to look into some of that stuff.

Message 11 of 15 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Apr 24, 2010

In my opinion the Idea that a computer manufacture can go in and delete what ever it wants leaves me very weary especailly when they put a play on words.

My thaughts are, once a product is sold, No one shuld reserve the right to take something away.

they should have for seen that in the future.

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 12 of 15 (7 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 24, 2010
there are somethings you can live without linux is one of those things you can live without.
Message 13 of 15 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Apr 24, 2010

Seneca70 wrote:
there are somethings you can live without linux is one of those things you can live without.

You could live without any PlayStation product, a TV, a computer, clocks, a microwave, etc. Just because you can live without it doesn't mean you don't want it, and it certainly doesn't mean that the manufacturer can take it away from you after selling it.

Oh, by the way, some people actually use Linux for productive uses. You know, for work or school, stuff like that. Compiling programs, doing calculations, simulating the human mind. Watching Blu-rays and playing games isn't quite as productive as that.

423 posts

Apr 24, 2010

Seneca70 wrote:

Not if you want to have control of your own computer. Can't do that with Microsoft or Apple.

I run Karmic on my pc which has run nothing but linux for over 3 years. But it's better to have two pc's than one. I won't destroy my backup pc under the duress of PSN denial-of-service.

Message 15 of 15 (7 Views)