Feb 15 2010
By: MarMarZwinZ Monster Hunter 38 posts

My uncle's 60GB PS3's drive dont work

5 replies 5 views Edited Feb 15, 2010

I use to think that people were just having bad times and the system just happened to break the time that 3.15 was releasedd.. check my post,, i fought back and help sony. but heyy, my uncle's ps3 broke. he doesn't even use it alot. he only uses it for watching blueray movies and it's  ones in a month. . he was gonna play online on call of duty, it froze and then it wont play any more blueray disc or dvd or anything. wow... SONY PLEASE FIX THIS SO I CAN PLAY WITH MY UNCLE....

I got a 120GB ps3 slim... no problem with me. 

Message 1 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2070 posts

Re: My uncle's 60GB PS3's drive dont work

Feb 15, 2010
The drive could have just failed. If your uncle can find a local game system repair shop he most likely get it repaired for a reasonable price. Unless you or him can do this repair.
Message 2 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Feb 15, 2010
it's a little weird how a blu ray drive fails that fast. and it happens to most people who have a 60GB Ps3. wouldn't you expect it to last longer than 2 years. 
Message 3 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2723 posts

Feb 15, 2010

MarMarZwinZ wrote:
it's a little weird how a blu ray drive fails that fast. and it happens to most people who have a 60GB Ps3. wouldn't you expect it to last longer than 2 years. 
you will always run into more complications with the first round of devices that go into market. that's why people say never to purchase the first generation model of a device. and when you add the fact that bluray technology was just brought out with the 60gb ps3's there is a double first round. (first round of the ps3 itself and first round of the bluray drive itself). it really isn't that surprising (unfortunate yes) that 300-400 people out of over 1 million 60gb owners are having issues with their first gen machines. it's not even that big of a percentage either, just seems like a lot since they are gathered in one place. now if you were to send your machine in once to be repaired and it continues to happen time after time, then there is an issue there. but if you have one of those faulty drives in the ps3 to begin with, send it to get repaired, chances are a lot higher that they will replace it with a drive that has better components that changed due to the things they found out went wrong with those initial drives. and when the next drive decides to last for way longer than the first drive did, you know they found something and applied a fix to hopefully eliminate the issue that came up the first time. 

or you could be in a situation like the other company that is having issues with technology that dates back to the early 90's (dvd drives) 

Message Edited by autohacker2000 on 02-15-2010 03:06 PM
of course it was working before it failed, that happens!
Message 4 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2070 posts

Feb 16, 2010

autohacker2000 wrote:

MarMarZwinZ wrote:
you will always run into more complications with the first round of devices that go into market. that's why people say never to purchase the first generation model of a device. and when you add the fact that bluray technology was just brought out with the 60gb ps3's there is a double first round. (first round of the ps3 itself and first round of the bluray drive itself). it really isn't that surprising (unfortunate yes) that 300-400 people out of over 1 million 60gb owners are having issues with their first gen machines. it's not even that big of a percentage either, just seems like a lot since they are gathered in one place. now if you were to send your machine in once to be repaired and it continues to happen time after time, then there is an issue there. but if you have one of those faulty drives in the ps3 to begin with, send it to get repaired, chances are a lot higher that they will replace it with a drive that has better components that changed due to the things they found out went wrong with those initial drives. and when the next drive decides to last for way longer than the first drive did, you know they found something and applied a fix to hopefully eliminate the issue that came up the first time. 

or you could be in a situation like the other company that is having issues with technology that dates back to the early 90's (dvd drives) 

Message Edited by autohacker2000 on 02-15-2010 03:06 PM

Exactly, when and if my drive fails I'm going to just replace the thing with the another drive. While I'm there I will also do all the other little things to keep things going like replaceing the silicone on the CPU and GPU with a much better product than what the system was shipped with.
Message 5 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Feb 16, 2010
I guess you guys are right, but shouldn't sony like offer something since it's their product, people wasted alot of money for it. like a lower repair fee.
Message 6 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes