Mar 28 2013
By: slyslim29 First Son 4 posts

No 'Email Us' Feature Under Support?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 200 views Edited Mar 29, 2013

Ok, how come Sony does not have an "email us" feature under sopport???  Secondly, I want to be sent to my Playstation 3 the option to revert to the previous software update.  The current 4.40 is **bleep** **bleep**!!!!!  Do you understand????  Sony, stop trying to squeeze a dollar out of a penny out of Americans!!!!  What the hell is your deal with sending out an update that brought back freeze and in my case, also has made it to where I cannot connect my PS3 online???  There are no excuses and I do not feel like being fed a line of **bleep**!!!  You corporation get away with TOO many things!!!  Times in the United States are changing, and my generation is the sole reason for these changes.  We grew up in a time where we saw the WORST of America, and we are doing everything in our power to prevent future generations from encountering the same thing.  Therefore, it is time to get on board with the changes that we are making or be left behind.  Your choice!  If you were born before the year 1980, you no longer have a say as to what happens!!!  It is your generation that has put us in the binds that we are today!!!  Now, Sony, fix my problems or face a lawsuit.  Your choice as well!!!  Also, take note, I am currently working in the legal field, so if you think for a second that I do not understand the laws of this great country that I put my life on the line for, then you are SADLY mistaken!!!  Do not underestimate the power of the Law!!!  Do you understand????

As far as any other members posting their ideas and/or opinions to this post: IT IS COMPLETELY UNECESSARY!  I do not want member post here.  I only want Sony Playstation Technicians to post their comments to this as there is no "email us" support feature.  Your fault, Sony!!!!

Update 3/29/2013

First, of all, I was not aware that this was not read by Playstation staff.  I mean, after all, we are here at Playstation.com, so any thinking individual would make the assumption that someone under the employment of Sony would actually be reading some of these threads.  I once owned my own website, and I read everything that was posted in the forums that I set up there, so excuse me for THINKING an employee of SONY would read this.  Secondly, to the Gamer community, I do apologize for each and everyone of you having to see this message.  I'd like to thank those of you, who were not smart allicks,  for the very informtive comments and being helpful.  To those that were being smart allicks, grow up and understand, WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND GET FRUSTRATED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THINGS.  This is normal human behavior.  Do not let you anger build up, but rather release it in conventional, healthy ways.  Writing out your feelings is a method; therefore, by extention, posting to a website of the company you are angry at, is a method of writing out those feelings.  However, I have been trying for two weeks now to get a hold of Sony, by other methods before this one, and haven't recieved a reply or help.  So, I took an alternate route in trying to get their attention.  Does this make sense to everyone now?  Please never make comments on my post to insult me! If you have information to share with me, then just share it without all the, shall we say, unecessary inclimations.

Edit: updated thread title

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (200 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Re: No 'Email Us' Feature Under Support?

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Sony,

Here is my email address in which you can reach me with an answer to this post:

Address Removed: Please see Rules of Conduct.

Anyone else who thinks it to be comical to record my email address and send me stupid spam, trust me, I have been a member of Yahoo for nearly two decades.  I will contact Yahoo support and let them know that you are spamming, not only selecting the message and marking it as spam.  They actually know me by name and know exactly who I am at Yahoo, like I said, I've been a Yahoo fan for nearly two decades.  Test me!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (199 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27645 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Well then, you have certainly endeared yourself to the PlayStation Community haven't you!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (163 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7426 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

slyslim29 wrote:

As far as any other members posting their ideas and/or opinions to this post: IT IS COMPLETELY UNECESSARY!  I do not want member post here.  I only want Sony Playstation Technicians to post their comments to this as there is no "email us" support feature.  Your fault, Sony!!!!

Hi! And Welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having issues and your choice method of contact is email that seems to be unavailable. Have you tried one of the other available ways to contact customer support? Which you can find here: http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

You will also find that the vast majority of this forum is gamers helping gamers that do so because they care and often come up with an answer to the majority of questions asked here.  Don't brush them off so lightly... we are here to help if we can!

Also playstation technicians generallly don't post here. It is usually moderation staff and digital platforms managers. Not the Tech support you are asking about.  That why they have customer support which again you can find here: http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Good luck with you issue! Game on you gaming gamer you!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (155 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5120 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Wow, two replies to a wall of text rant that are much more polite than anything I would have posted.  Kudos all around!

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

I would say Welcome, but meh.

I will tell you this; I didn't even read your Post.  Not worth it.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

you know Johnny Yahoo also?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13048 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Sony revised its customer support communication methods recently.  Live chat was added, and e-mail support was removed.  Sony isn't the only one doing this, and it is generally done for a few good reasons.

1. Sony does not provide customer support representatives 24  hours per day, seven days per week, for its free online service.  People can send e-mail 24 hours a day, and some of them tend to expect customer support to respond promptly to their e-mail sent outside of business hours. That's not going to happen.  The live chat is not available, when customer support representatives are not available. It manages customer expectations better.  Since live chat was introduced, some PSN members are finally realizing that Sony doesn't provide 24 hour support for PSN at all; rather than just not on the phone.
  2. E-mail communication is not very efficient.  PSN users rarely include all of the information that customer support needs to resolve their issue when they send e-mail, and as anyone that follows this forum can attest, sometimes have difficulty even expressing what they want in a coherent way when they write.  This means that multiple e-mail messages need to be exchanged, over indeterminate periods of time, in order to resolve an issue.  With live chat, the interaction is direct and immediate, and the issue can be resolved in a much shorter time frame, with less interaction with the ticketing system.  It allows for better customer service.
  3. Your post perfectly illustrates why even the Playstation customer support e-mail was form-based, and why Sony Computer Entertainment does not even have an e-mail address.  Sony doesn't need to spend money having people read and discard communications that are just venting, making unreasonable and arbitrary demands, or empty legal threats. The user community has to read this stuff, but we can't do any of the things that you are demanding, because everyone that reads this forum either does not work for Sony, or works for Sony in a capacity that has no role in policy decisions. Therefore, posting this kind of thing here wastes our time, and yours. If you want to communicate this kind of thing to Sony, you will have to do it the old fashioned way.  On paper, via post, with sufficient postage affixed.  Sony expects that your generation won't go to the trouble.  Not so dumb after all, are they?
GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

the resoning for no email makes perfect sense, rarely even on a fourm does an OP say all the details of whats wrong and what they already tried

live support is much better for troubleshooting and determining what to do next

I think its that generation the OP is talking about born after 1980 thats the real problem not the ones born earlier, nobody wants a live conversation anymore they only know texting and emailing

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18250 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

I still don't get whats wrong with a phone call.

And Mr law man needs to start reading the fine print.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (118 Views)