Feb 15 2013
By: endearingtones First Son 3 posts

Non-stop issue (PS 3 plus)

4 replies 98 views Edited Feb 15, 2013

My controller for the new PS plus worked fine for a week.  Now, it seems as if it is not fully recognized by the console.  It intermittently recognizes it.  I have reset it and paired it, and yes, it is fully charged.  This is the third controller I'm having issues with.  I make sure it is a true Sony controller, and not used.  I keep thinking it is "me", and that I can't just keep having bad luck in controllers. 

I had a PS 3; and I traded it in for the Plus.  I had the exact same controller issues with it but learned the bluetooth was faulty in the console.  What am I doing wrong?  I appreciate your input greatly. 

Message 1 of 5 (98 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Re: Non-stop issue (PS 3 plus)

Feb 15, 2013

endearingtones wrote:

My controller for the new PS plus worked fine for a week.  Now, it seems as if it is not fully recognized by the console.  It intermittently recognizes it.  I have reset it and paired it, and yes, it is fully charged.  This is the third controller I'm having issues with.  I make sure it is a true Sony controller, and not used.  I keep thinking it is "me", and that I can't just keep having bad luck in controllers. 

I had a PS 3; and I traded it in for the Plus.  I had the exact same controller issues with it but learned the bluetooth was faulty in the console.  What am I doing wrong?  I appreciate your input greatly. 

What are you talking about? What is the Plus you traded your PS3 for?

Message 2 of 5 (93 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I had a used PS3 that was faulty.  I was able to trade it in for a PS Plus (white/slim).  I'm having non-stop controller problems.  Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time around.  :-)  

The controller for the new console worked for a week.  Now it seems it isn't always being recognized by the console.  It will rarely let me do anything with the controller.  I can't load games, use Netflix...nothing.  The controller is fully charged, it has been reset and paired.  This is my third controller, so I figure I must be missing something.  Thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 5 (85 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I had a PS 3, but it was faulty.  I was able to trade it for a new PS Plus.  The controller worked for a week, and now it seems the console won't recognize it.  I have reset  and paired it, to no avail.  It is also fully charged.   Am I missing something?  Or, am I just having bad luck with the controller?

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear the first time.  I never posted on this site before and it's a bit new to me.  Thank you for your help. 

Message 4 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5382 posts

Feb 15, 2013

endearingtones wrote:

I had a PS 3, but it was faulty.  I was able to trade it for a new PS Plus.  The controller worked for a week, and now it seems the console won't recognize it.  I have reset  and paired it, to no avail.  It is also fully charged.   Am I missing something?  Or, am I just having bad luck with the controller?

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear the first time.  I never posted on this site before and it's a bit new to me.  Thank you for your help. 

PS+ Is a service that comes in the bundle, not the name of the system; it's still a PS3 and this post should be in the PS3 support section.  It sounds ike you've done everything I can think of - resetting it, and re-pairing it with the console.  You may want to exchange it if the store allows that.

Message 5 of 5 (57 Views)