Nov 02 2012
By: AvengedKie First Son 2 posts

PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!! PS3 DS3 Controller Wont Turn on/Charge, No Lights!... Please Help :/

[ Edited ]
2 replies 406 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

Hi, i have had my ps3 since last year, its a 40gb PS3, and i had two controllers with it, the day i bought it i plugged in one of my controllers, and the lights flashed, then the controller went off, it has never worked since, so i figured hey it might be a battery problem, so i got both of my controllers and changed the batteries round in them, BOOM still the same problem so I found out that both batteries worked fine. so it isn't a battery problem, So then I moved onto Youtube Solutions, I found that some guy fixed a Similar problem by plugging his controller into his PC and taking it back out again, I tried this with the Broken Controller. And this happened. VV

I plugged the Controller in, The computer Bleeped saying it recognized some external hardware, But i still had no lights on or anything. so i unplugged it again, and then my PS3 came on as soon as i unplugged it,But the controller was still broken with no lights, and it didn't work. This Baffled me. so i Continued repeating these stages, I should also point out that when the controller is plugged into my computer, and i press the reset button, the Computer makes the Unplug hardware sound and then the Hardware Plugged in sound. but im still at a roads end, with a broken controller.

Anyone with any ideas or solutions. I should also point out, i have fully examined the circuitboard, not a thing is wrong, wires are intact, nothing is burnt out or needs soldering. thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (406 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19362 posts

Message 2 of 3 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!! PS3 DS3 Controller Wont Turn on/Charge, No Lights!... Please Help :/

Nov 3, 2012

The same thing happened to me. It turned out the controller was dead and wouldn't hold a charge anymore. I'd recommend calling Playstation Support up and ask them if you can get it replaced. The controller itself has a warranty when you buy it. It just depends on how long you've had it and if the controller's used. If the warranty has ended then you'll have to buy a new controller. Anyways I'd try calling them and if the warranty has ended then you'll have to buy a new one like I said. Here's their number: 800-345-SONY

Hope this helped!

Keep on gaming!!!
Message 3 of 3 (365 Views)
0 Likes