Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/03/2009
Offline
1918 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim "Overheating"

Dec 30, 2012
last I checked the thinner the paste the better..
Message 11 of 44 (3,806 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15664 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim "Overheating"

Dec 31, 2012

frogmanlego wrote:
last I checked the thinner the paste the better..

Thats why I want him to prove it.

It seems he only based his opinion on the fact that there is only a few photos of a Super slim being disassembeled.

All the photos i've seen show that the paste has been applied via the pea sized method and then the heatsink/fan combo installed.

 

As the hs/fan is screwed through the rest of the assembly process, the pressure squeezes out the excess paste to the sides of the core.... JUST LIKE EVERY FACTORY APPLIED THERMAL PASTE ON EVERY COMPUTER.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 12 of 44 (3,801 Views)
First Son
Registered: 12/28/2012
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim "Overheating"

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

I have no need to prove myself to you, let alone, I've already fixed "said" PS3's, so I can't. Again, believe me or don't believe me, I don't really care. I'm telling you from experience what I've seen. If that's not good enough for you then oh well. Everyone's different. And FYI, if the paste HAS a color, which the Super Slim's is supposed to, you wouldn't be able to see the details engraved onto the chip now would you? Just do what you want, you're taking time out of your day to disprove me and assuming things of me.

Message 13 of 44 (3,789 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15664 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim "Overheating"

Jan 3, 2013

xSonic521x wrote:

I have no need to prove myself to you, let alone, I've already fixed "said" PS3's, so I can't. Again, believe me or don't believe me, I don't really care. I'm telling you from experience what I've seen. If that's not good enough for you then oh well. Everyone's different. And FYI, if the paste HAS a color, which the Super Slim's is supposed to, you wouldn't be able to see the details engraved onto the chip now would you? Just do what you want, you're taking time out of your day to disprove me and assuming things of me.


Paste only has a color for one of two reasons, usually a combination of them.... because of what they're actually made off, a standard company color. Or usually because of the "binding" compound.


Thermal paste colors are usually white or grey/silver-ish anyway, sometimes pink-ish. And yes, you would.... it depends on the actual tolerance between the core and the heatsink.

 

My PC's CPU has thermal paste. But because of the clearance between the heatsink and core, I can clearly see the printed markings. In mosts cases, the PROPER use of thermal paste is to only use a THIN LAYER. But due to manufacturing processes, they simply dollop a pea-size amount and them through assembly the excess is squeezed out leaving only the actual necessary amount between the core and heatsink.

(God im actually repeating myself)

 

You obviously have no education and just talking out of your arse. You haven't even provided no technical information to anything. All of your posts have been nothing but "ITS THE THERMAL PASTE, ITS THE THERMALS PASTE!!!!" 

Anyone can say "I fix PS3's".... Its a totally different story when you actually have a reason to some people issues with their PS3's.

My Super Slim I just got runs perfectly fine. The fan is quite loud due to the PITCH not actual volume (measure in decibels), but thats because of the design of the fan itself. It was designed to flow a lot of air because it now directly cools both the power supply and the heatsink for the GPU and CPU.


Unless you actually KNOW how to fix a PS3 and can provide solutions, stop posting. 

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 14 of 44 (3,742 Views)
First Son
Registered: 12/28/2012
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim "Overheating"

Jan 9, 2013

Again, you're assuming things of me and trying to pick on me which shows a lot about you as a human being for one. Second, no, PASTE that's white you should not be able to see right through it no matter how thin a layer. Third, the fans were loud, I replaced the paste, the console is a lot cooler and quieter. Four, HOW can I provide you proof if the work is already done? Not EVERYONE records what they do on paper, video, pictures, etc. Seriously, look at you, taking so much time, just to prove me wrong, trying to pick on me, making other accounts/having other people give you "Kudos" just to feel good about yourself. Even your motto makes you even more of a hypocrite "Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open." yet here you are, basically saying "No, you're wrong, I'm right no matter what you say. I know you can't provide proof so I'm instantly right and you're a **bleep**" and telling me I have NO education and so on. Again, it shows what kind of person you really are to even START picking on people in a forum and not talking like a civilized person. But I guess me acting the same way makes me "worse" than you too huh? Yet all I'm doing aside from some "vulgar" words is pointing out how you're acting towards me. Tell you what, since YOUR PS3 is fine, and you claim to be the RIGHT one here. Why don't you prove me wrong. Which by the way, is pretter hard to do unless the other person is there in person to SEE how it is when it's first opened, to HEAR how it is with stock paste, to FEEL how hot it is before replacing stock paste. So you can take all the pictures you want, say whatever temps you want, but unless you can physically prove these things to other people so it becomes more public knowledge, then you saying I'm wrong doesn't work. Sure, me saying the same thing wouldn't be proof either in that case, but at least I'm not ridiculing others and telling them they have no education. And in a way, I feel sorry for you that you need reassurance from others to be proven right and need to take the time out of your day to say negative things about others instead of acting civilized. From now on any post from you that's a reply to any post I make I'm simply going to ignore, hopefully you won't feel the need to be ridiculing others when it comes to things like this and become a better person. Goodbye.

Message 15 of 44 (3,694 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/13/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim "Overheating"

Jan 13, 2013
Hi I am not a wiz with the ps3 all I will say if you think its not the way its surpost to be then take it back and buy wot what you know simple... Thanks for the good read
Message 16 of 44 (3,643 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/08/2013
Offline
162 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim "Overheating"

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Im always making sure my PS3 dont die on me but if it does have any problems like overheating pray to god it dont break my ps3 overheats cause of david jaffes head ache "Twisted Metal"

 

But this is Sony they dont give a **bleep** about you at all none of there models ever work right is just very feature deducted and people "Fanboys" are ok with it.

 

Sorry man Get and Xbox 360

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

HomeStuck "Main" - PlushyPillow "PS PLUS ONLY"
Message 17 of 44 (3,638 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15664 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim "Overheating"

Jan 14, 2013

xSonic521x wrote:

Again, you're assuming things of me and trying to pick on me which shows a lot about you as a human being for one. Second, no, PASTE that's white you should not be able to see right through it no matter how thin a layer. Third, the fans were loud, I replaced the paste, the console is a lot cooler and quieter. Four, HOW can I provide you proof if the work is already done? Not EVERYONE records what they do on paper, video, pictures, etc. Seriously, look at you, taking so much time, just to prove me wrong, trying to pick on me, making other accounts/having other people give you "Kudos" just to feel good about yourself. Even your motto makes you even more of a hypocrite "Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open." yet here you are, basically saying "No, you're wrong, I'm right no matter what you say. I know you can't provide proof so I'm instantly right and you're a **bleep**" and telling me I have NO education and so on. Again, it shows what kind of person you really are to even START picking on people in a forum and not talking like a civilized person. But I guess me acting the same way makes me "worse" than you too huh? Yet all I'm doing aside from some "vulgar" words is pointing out how you're acting towards me. Tell you what, since YOUR PS3 is fine, and you claim to be the RIGHT one here. Why don't you prove me wrong. Which by the way, is pretter hard to do unless the other person is there in person to SEE how it is when it's first opened, to HEAR how it is with stock paste, to FEEL how hot it is before replacing stock paste. So you can take all the pictures you want, say whatever temps you want, but unless you can physically prove these things to other people so it becomes more public knowledge, then you saying I'm wrong doesn't work. Sure, me saying the same thing wouldn't be proof either in that case, but at least I'm not ridiculing others and telling them they have no education. And in a way, I feel sorry for you that you need reassurance from others to be proven right and need to take the time out of your day to say negative things about others instead of acting civilized. From now on any post from you that's a reply to any post I make I'm simply going to ignore, hopefully you won't feel the need to be ridiculing others when it comes to things like this and become a better person. Goodbye.


Holy wall of text..... 

 

You're assuming a lot here, and you're asking me to do something that you can't even do just to put a spin on it to take the attention away from the fact that you're doing nothing but spouting nonsense.
And not once did I use any vulgarity so wherever you're getting that idea from, its defintely not from me.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 18 of 44 (3,625 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/08/2013
Offline
162 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim "Overheating"

Jan 14, 2013

This is to the Sonic521 guy:

 

 

Dude this is all people here would do they think they know everyhting do you really expect real answers from these mother **bleep**ers? Especially that grey guy who thinks he knows everything maybe cause he is some what educated who cares is this school? we dont need any **bleep** schooling people i mean PS3 Fanboys cause PS3 fanboys are the only onw who denies true valid points cause there mentally rettarded and deend the PS3 

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

HomeStuck "Main" - PlushyPillow "PS PLUS ONLY"
Message 19 of 44 (3,622 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15664 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim "Overheating"

Jan 14, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

This is to the Sonic521 guy:

 

 

Dude this is all people here would do they think they know everyhting do you really expect real answers from these mother **bleep**ers? Especially that grey guy who thinks he knows everything maybe cause he is some what educated who cares is this school? we dont need any **bleep** schooling people i mean PS3 Fanboys cause PS3 fanboys are the only onw who denies true valid points cause there mentally rettarded and deend the PS3 


says the kid who just got his PS3 for christmas....

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 20 of 44 (3,615 Views)
0 Likes