Aug 18 2012
By: ShadowCraven First Son 3 posts

PS3 Will not start up

1 replies 530 views Edited Aug 18, 2012

I just bought a ps3 FAT off of pennysaver for $40 (I know, too good to be true) and the system KIND of works, as far as i know it doesnt have YLOD because it starts up AT RANDOM when i switch it on. The first time i turn the ON switch and press the power button it doesnt start up all it does it stay green for a couple of seconds then beeps and flashes red, after removing the top cover of it itry to turn it on again and it actually starts up, i try to repeat this and it doesnt start up. It works at random and im not sure what the problem is. you can hear something tiny ranttle around inside when you tilt the ps3 a bit. And i notice that when it WORKS, the HDD indicator flashes as a ps3 normally would and it later tells you that the system was not shut down correctly, but when it DOESNT WORK, the indicator doesnt flash at all. Could this be a problem with the HDD or something that is associated with it?

Ceteris Paribus
Message 1 of 2 (530 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: PS3 Will not start up

Aug 18, 2012

I've had a similar problem before and it was due to the AVR I was using. Maybe check the power sources.

Message 2 of 2 (519 Views)
0 Likes