Dec 11 2012
By: CaNaDa_MTL First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 overheating

5 replies 303 views Edited Dec 11, 2012

as of lately when I try to play the new Assassin's Creed or Black Ops2 or even Batman Arkham Asylum about 10 mins into gameplay I get the message that "The PS3 is overheating please turn off and try again later".It also is really really loud,sounds like a jet taking off-although it hs been loud like this for at least 2 years-It is one of th first gen 3290b,so I'm guessing it's time is finally up.That's fine.also,what I want to know is if I buy the 500gb model can I transfer all my data to the new one?If so how do I go about it?

Message 1 of 6 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2121 posts

Re: PS3 overheating

Dec 11, 2012

If it's that bad, you can buy a new one and yes you can transfer data between systems by transfering via an ethenet cable to both systems or putting the data on a USB harddrive. There should be an option in the system settings.

Message 2 of 6 (294 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Dec 11, 2012

CaNaDa_MTL wrote:

as of lately when I try to play the new Assassin's Creed or Black Ops2 or even Batman Arkham Asylum about 10 mins into gameplay I get the message that "The PS3 is overheating please turn off and try again later".It also is really really loud,sounds like a jet taking off-although it hs been loud like this for at least 2 years-It is one of th first gen 3290b,so I'm guessing it's time is finally up.That's fine.also,what I want to know is if I buy the 500gb model can I transfer all my data to the new one?If so how do I go about it?

Have you tried adding some thermal paste to the CPU? It might be the problem and also have your PS3 in a open area, Also maybe see if theres dust clogged in the vents.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6 (290 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Dec 11, 2012

at this time that's exactly what I'm doing(thermal paste) and yes it was dry as a bone.,just getting it put back together,I'll let you know if it helped any.....so easy to take apart but putting it back together is a royal pain,just trying to remember which screws went where lol.

thanks or the help,guysSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 6 (280 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 11, 2012

it looks like the thermal paste did the trick-no more overheating and it's super quiet now!

Message 5 of 6 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Dec 11, 2012

CaNaDa_MTL wrote:

it looks like the thermal paste did the trick-no more overheating and it's super quiet now!

Good to hear. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6 (252 Views)
0 Likes