Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
7 posts

Re: PS3 turns off alone and red light keep flashing!!!

Nov 12, 2012

my PS3 is doing that randomly, and I don´t agree it´s overheating because it´s doing it 30 seconds after I power it on; after hours of being off.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 83 (6,232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 12, 2012

It's YLOD  trust me if the yellow light shows for a split second then goes to red flashing light either send it in. or get it 3rd party fixed  

**DO NOT REFLOW IT!!!! ITS WORTHLESS TO DO IT JUST SCREWS IT UP MORE AND WARPS BOARD EVEN MORE!!!! 

Just get it reballed which is a permanent fix and they use lead soulder than that crappy one that Sony uses and plus it will last another 3+ years. 

- They say green got me binge eatin -

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 83 (6,232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I have an 120gb ps3 slim, it does the same thing. With the difference that sometimes when I go to the game data utility also turns off. Can it be the same problem??

Don't worry Coco's Here
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 83 (5,558 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 5, 2013
When i play my ps3, in about 10 minutes there is a loud vaccum sound. Help??
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 83 (5,518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Well the thing is wit mine ...it plays the games fine except for black ops 2...but when I am done playing and shutdown the game.. later I notice the red light is flashing...??? Just wondering why? Is it a Warning sign ?
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 83 (5,177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 15, 2013

The other day i was playing mw3 in an online match and it suddenly shut off because it said it was over heated and it flashed with a red light. Now, every time i have tried to play since then, it will get about three minutes into a match and it will shut off. I can still watch netflix for hours without any problems, it is just mw3. i have had the game since it came out, so i know it works on my system. It is not the YLOD like some of you are saying. I have had the YLOD four times. when you have the YLOD, your system will shut off, flash yellow briefly, then flash red. when you try to turn it on it will immediatly do the same thing. (BTW YLOD is a really easy fix to do at home. Look it up on youtube. Dont waste $150 to send it into sony, get a different system, and loose all of your saved data.) Anyway, my ps3 starts fine and works fine until i get into an online match in mw3. it gives me a warning in the upper corner of my screen then shuts off a few mins later.

Why doesnt sony tell us how to fix this? This is their website!

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 83 (4,711 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 24, 2013

it happened to me more than twice:

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 83 (4,183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 23, 2013

This is happening to me to, but it happens on Uncharted 3, Black Ops II, and The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 83 (3,398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Send it to Sony. Careful what you download. In fact, I would refrain from using the web browser to surf. I've had some strange things happen to me surfing the web, from red warning screens with oriental writing, to actual virus's trying to get me to buy a solutions through a fake windowsXP screen! Yeah, the internet can be tricky. I honestly wonder if that's what caused my system to malfunction. Did a reflow myself but it only lasted about a month. Perhaps a virus was reset and took a month to resieze? Who knows...send it to Sony and be careful in the future.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 83 (3,369 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17288 posts

Jun 24, 2013

steevoeevo wrote:

Send it to Sony. Careful what you download. In fact, I would refrain from using the web browser to surf. I've had some strange things happen to me surfing the web, from red warning screens with oriental writing, to actual virus's trying to get me to buy a solutions through a fake windowsXP screen! Yeah, the internet can be tricky. I honestly wonder if that's what caused my system to malfunction. Did a reflow myself but it only lasted about a month. Perhaps a virus was reset and took a month to resieze? Who knows...send it to Sony and be careful in the future.

Your PS3 didn't get a virus from using the browser. And a reflow is always a temporary fix at best.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 83 (3,368 Views)
0 Likes