First Son
3 posts

Re: PS3 won't read game discs... tried all the remedies... help!

Feb 7, 2012

I have the same issue!!! this is bull shit!!!

Message 31 of 91 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 7, 2012

same, ps3 wont load disc, brick after i went to bed, all the sudden next morning its cracking up

Message 32 of 91 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Feb 8, 2012

i just updated to 4.10 and then shut it off and on again, still not reading any discs of any kind. what the hell is this. not getting a ps4 or any other sony crap.

Message 33 of 91 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15909 posts

Feb 8, 2012

SomethingToSay wrote:

i just updated to 4.10 and then shut it off and on again, still not reading any discs of any kind. what the hell is this. not getting a ps4 or any other sony crap.

An update is not going to fix something thats broken.

If you say your PS3 has been "bricked" for over a month, then why havent you saved up money to either buy a new PS3 or sent it in for repair through Sony or a 3rd party business?

Besides "bricked" means the console is not able to boot-up AT ALL.

Stop blaming an update. If you dont want to buy another Sony product, thats fine. One less whiner.

I can understand if you refuse to buy another vehicle from a particular make since they are MASSIVE money pits in itself, but this is a TOY for Christ's sakes.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 34 of 91 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 8, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

SomethingToSay wrote:

An update is not going to fix something thats broken.

If you say your PS3 has been "bricked" for over a month, then why havent you saved up money to either buy a new PS3 or sent it in for repair through Sony or a 3rd party business?

Besides "bricked" means the console is not able to boot-up AT ALL.

Stop blaming an update. If you dont want to buy another Sony product, thats fine. One less whiner.

I can understand if you refuse to buy another vehicle from a particular make since they are MASSIVE money pits in itself, but this is a TOY for Christ's sakes.

-Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open. -There's no limit to what brainwashed people can rationalize

Well maybe he didn't want to pay (if his warranty expired) to send it to have it repaired when the damage might not have even been his fault to begin with, and I wouldn't blame him for never wanting to buy another ps3 after this happened. And I feel it's his right to blame the update because that may have been the cause of the problem, ever since 4.0 was released I had this problem and when I looked on the forums, so did alot of other people. One less whiner? I don't think its whining when you spent $300+ on a system and have it break down like this. And lastly, this "toy" is rather expensive, so why waste the money on buying something when doing nothing more than upgrading the firmware will cause it to break down?

LitchAzazel Trophy Card
Message 35 of 91 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Yeah... it was all fine then after 4.00 stopped reading discs of all kinds. So now I dunno what to do. I've been lookin for a job but haven't been able to find one, and $250 is hardly chump change. gr3ygh051 is probabably living with a rich family so he never has to worry about money.

I'm certainly not going to be getting a PS4, I think I'm done with console gaming -_-

Message 36 of 91 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15909 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Im not rich, and I dont come from any sort of wealth. To assume that just from my behaviour on a post is quite ignorant. It wouldve been more acceptable if you were to phrase it as a question.

I own my own automotive detailing business and I do VERY well for myself.  I have my own house which is now paid off, I own 3 cars, one of which is my work vehicle, one is my dream sports car( a very expensive toy), and the other is a people mover.

Let it be known I have 2 PS3s one is a 60 that I paid the $600 for, the other is an 80gb I paid $400ish (during thanksgiving when they had the first $100 price drop and Kmart had a special for everything in the store over $100 is 30% off)

So if you want to complain about money, I should take precedence over the amount spent for purchase.

I can understand that you dont want to pay $150 for a repair fee, but thats the rules, if you want Sony to fix it, you're going to have to pay.

BUT I also said that you can either FIX IT YOURSELF OR SEND TO A 3RD PARTY REPAIR CENTER. Apparently the both of you overlooked that. Those two solutions are quite inexpensive as purchasing a new laser assembly is a mere $50, or a full tank of gas, OR paying the $80 or so to mail it somewhere for someone else to fix it that either works out of their own home (as I do some times) or a small rented business suite in a plaza somewhere.

Where did the sense of entitlement come from that you pay $300+ for a toy, the warranty expires, and now that it doesnt function you want a free fix because it simply broke?

Thats a pretty asinine thing to assume.

Thats like saying I buy a car and the 7year/60k mile warranty expires and a year or two later the engine management system craps out giving me crappy fuel mileage and a check engine light and I expect the dealer to be able to reflash or replace the ECU for free?

Ignorance IS NOT bliss here.

I guess you should go to PC gaming. Sure you can build a PC yourself that can run just about any game on Ultra settings, but you're not going to spend the $1000 some people seem to tell others, you're going to spend a lot more. And then you have to deal with the the warranty on each individual part, which most of them are also 1 year, but then the part breaks after warranty expires, and then you're left with having to spend more money for a replacment part that could cost well more than a replacement console would.

I say one less whiner because you havent seen the many many threads where people think its owed to them that the PS3 that is out of warranty and the failure it exhibits warranty Sony to repair or replace the item for free. You're no different than anyone else who has an issue with their console. So I wont apologize for my indifference.

I guess you also missed the part where you can buy an extended warranty that extends your warranty for up to an additonal 3 years.

But you seem to still think that the firmware is what caused the failure..... I guess you dont understand that not everyone has the same fix for the same problem, as your issue could be the actual laser itself simply burned out.

Anything made by man is not meant to last; The sooner you understand that concept, the better off you will be.

Also note that the typical warranty for any electronic device is 1 year.

I've already given you 3 choices on how to fix your PS3.... Send it to Sony, fix it yourself, have a 3rd party company fix the console for less than Sonys cost..... but more than the DIY.

Its pretty obvious that a firmware update isnt going to fix the problem.

If you work, but dont get much money..... SAVE...... tough concept to grasp, I know...... I had to save about 40% of my earnings for 3 years to open my business and work myself to the bone for almost 2 years and being on the low end of the middle class average income before I started to see big profits, and I've become a threat to more established "quich wash" businesses.

If you're not old enough to work, make a deal with your parents. Go around the neighborhood and cut grass for $20 a pop, wash cars.... the possibilities are endless if you want to make extra cash to either buy a new PS3 or get yours fixed.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 37 of 91 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Yeah my system is pretty much dead to me now. Mine went to crap after 4.0 as well but now its really dead with 4.10. Right after I updated it bricked. I myself don't know what I'm going to do about it yet. But most definitely I am not giving Phony any more money when it comes to this system or future ones.

Message 38 of 91 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 9, 2012

I have the same problem guys. I bought my ps3 about 3 years ago and in january it starts not to load my games, I also tried to put a DVD and worked pretty well. Sometimes when I leave the system on for a while or play any DVD and afert that I try to put the game and it works, but only sometimes. ps3 firm: 4.0

Message 39 of 91 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 9, 2012

I don't know how you don't consider your living situatioin rich. You presented yourself as someone who comes from wealth, therefore people will assume that you are rich (which from your post very much seems like) so it wasn't a fault of ignorance only misinformation.

And again, this isn't a problem with the laser disc, I can't speak for SomethingToSay, but whatever the problem of my PS3 was whether it be bad firmware or some other unknown defect, it could not be fixed by a 3rd Party Repair Center or myself. I have treated my PS3 with the best of care and other than the PS2's laser disc getting dirty I have never had a problem with a system breaking down: SNES, N64, GameCube, PS1, X-Box, every gameboy there is, they all still work and they don't just work fine, you wouldn't notice a difference from one that was bought brand new. I have always kept my PS3 in a cool spot and on average I never played it for more than 3 hours a day. So you can't place me on the list of what caused the problem, which means there's only one thing that could be at fault: Sony. Whether it be a faulty hardware or some other defect the problem was caused from the manufacturer, and since it's their fault for selling me a defective product I feel that it is my right that Sony either replaces my product or repairs it without fee.

"Where did the sense of entitlement come from that you pay $300+ for a toy, the warranty expires, and now that it doesnt function you want a free fix because it simply broke?

Thats a pretty asinine thing to assume." I would agree, if the fault was in my hands, but it wasn't. It all comes down to Sony selling me either a defective product or releasing a firmware that caused it to stop working. It's like saying that were both kids and that I traded you a toy for something, then a few days later I come to your house and break it and say "no givesies backsies" then what? Would demanding that you get your toy back would be asinine as well? And about the Extended Warranty... You shouldn't have to expect that your product will break within 4 years of its life, unless of course the person doesn't take good care of their posessions. But that's not the situation here

LitchAzazel Trophy Card
Message 40 of 91 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes