Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: PS3 won't read game discs... tried all the remedies... help!

Jan 6, 2013

I was having the same issues.  The PS3 would play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 but would not display other games.  I was using a component cable.  I then hooked it up to a different TV with an HDMI cable and all games would work.  I found that the other games were not 1080 but 720.  The TV connected with the component cable did not support 720.  I deselected the 720 from the display types and everything worked fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 91 (1,478 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 11, 2013

You know what is infuriating about this is that it seems that it is primarily with the newer "slim" versions of the PS3 unit.

I actually had 2 PS3 snd decided to sell my older one.

Of course the newer slim one now is not loading half of my discs. It will load Black Ops II but not Black Ops. It will load MW3 but not MW2.

What the hell?

I did the system restore and all the other crap as well. The warranty is expried so I have to eat it.

For me, I noticed that repeatedly there was issues after attempting to play SOCOM 4 (which I think sux BTW).

All i know is that God of War Ascension had better work.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 91 (1,260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Hi, im am trying to find some help my sons ps3 stoped read any disc after he got the message to update and he hit yes. How can i get it to start working again

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 91 (1,221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Apparently there is no solution for this problem. i have a ps3 slim 120Gbs. After apply the update 4.31 the system stop reading game disks, it tries for several seconds then a sound like the disk eject appear and done. It can read dvds, blu rays movies and anything online works fine. Its a problem with the software. Sony screw up our systems with the updates. =(

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 91 (1,150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Did your ps3 ever fit it self are are you still having the same problem (mine is going though that right now)

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 91 (1,014 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Are only the slims having this problem ( mine is a slim and i had it for about 4 years now) I can get it to play..when it wants to but most the time its just the clicking sound and nothing

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 91 (1,010 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I have the same problem.  I have 2 original PS3s.  One of mine stopped playing games but would play movies so I thought it my be a the laser so I did a drive swap and the drive from my working system had the same problem.  In addition the drive worked on my working system.  So at this point I know the issue is not with the drive.

So do I have a bad controller or is this related to the so called Sony update issue I heard about.  Note I have already wiped the data off the PS3 but still have trouble.  The only thing I have not done is pull the hard drive to do a hard format with my computer.

Any ideas where the problem is at exactly or what to do to fix the issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 91 (972 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 18, 2013
So i have d same problem as u did and what do i do to fix it sinve you have expierinced this hapen to u ?
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 91 (858 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 23, 2013
Firstly I found this post because I have the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?!
Secondly, I completely agree! I used to love Sony for the game selection and reliability. But that is all gone. I bought 2 PS3's and neither made it past 2 years. Plus the customer service / repair program is a joke.
I honestly hate to say it too, but I think I'm gonna have to convert next gen too.
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 91 (799 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 24, 2013

my nhl 13 will play for like 10 minutes, then the anouncers voice will quit. sometimes i can play the whole game without freezin, but most of the time it freezes, drives me nuts. but i can go ahead & put in mlb 2010 & dosen't have a problem, even my ufc works fine, whats up with this??????

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 91 (780 Views)
0 Likes