Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 02 2010
By: OldSchool969 Fender Bender 3448 posts

People make me sick.

62 replies 43 views Edited Apr 2, 2010

I have a guy on my list throwing a tantrum about removing the other OS(and if you're reading it, get over it). I've even seen people across the net say "oh, I've never used it, but Sony I think this it's a bad move, because maybe I COULD'VE done something with it!". What a joke, people will complain about anything.

People don't understand just how great they have it on PSN right now. I don't know about you guys but I paid 600 big ones to be able to play a match without someone absolutely ruining my day with cheatcodes. Remember how frustrating socom used to be in that aspect?? Just made you sick in your stomach. Of course there's plenty of room to complain now that you have the most hack-free console on the market, because you haven't been put through the hell that hackers can cause. It's that simple.

Just think about the way things are before you have a roidrage at sony for making the best decision they could possibly make.

Message 1 of 63 (43 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Re: People make me sick.

Apr 2, 2010
Message 2 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3448 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Thanks brother.

Message 3 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Apr 2, 2010

I actually have YDL 6.2 installed, but that's not the point. I actually bought my 160GB PS3 this past Christmas and I paid more for it than I would've paid if I went with the slim. I bought it because of this one feature which was one of the most talked of feature by Sony when they were launching the system.

So now if I want to play online (which I always do) I have to be stuck with a system that now will actually have LESS features than a Slim that could've saved me over 100 bucks(2 games) when you consider the fact that the Slim has Bravia Link enabled. 

Sony, do you want to make our online games better? How about finding a way to detect people using the freaking lag/standby switch and start kicking them out of PSN?

____________SIG_____________
160 GB CECHP01
Message 4 of 63 (43 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Apr 2, 2010

i totally agree with you ive had my system since day one and i can care less about the OS settings plus that is the biggest reason why i dont touch the xbox 360 because to many people cheat everyone mods their systems why is it fun to cheat i totally agree with you

NAME: VALHALAWAITSME
CLAN NAME: ODINS PRIDE WARRIORS
SONY OWNER: SINCE 1995
Message 5 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Apr 2, 2010
+1 to the OP
xSiC6SiXx
Message 6 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7522 posts

Apr 2, 2010

It is not the fact that it is a useless/useful feature, it is the fact that Sony is taking away a feature in an update rather than adding one. Personally, I do not give a r@ts @ss about it. I just bought a slim to replace my inefficient 60GB.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 2, 2010

I do understand your point, hearing someone complain over a feature they don't use becomes quite tiring. However, I do see this posing a problem for myself as an individual. My problem with this 'issue' is that I actually use my Other OS, and specifically bought it for this feature. Actually I use it currently as a second PC in our household. I use it for Open Office, and for browsing the net on the big screen (I'm sure we'll all agree the PS3's buit in browser is lacking.) Just because someone has hacked the processor to allow complete control and the ability to play burned blu-rays shouldn't mean everyone else should suffer the consequences. So its in the air, either give up online play, PSN, and trophies, or update my PS3 and lose my second computer. I say foul on Sony's part for selling me this feature for an additional price (when a lower cost system without the other os was available), and then a few months later taking it away. I feel wronged and have lost respect for SCEA.

Again OP, I do feel your pain in listening to people drone on about features they don't use. But those of us who actually use this feature have every right.

Message 8 of 63 (43 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7522 posts

Apr 2, 2010

joe-B1987 wrote:

I do understand your point, hearing someone complain over a feature they don't use becomes quite tiring. However, I do see this posing a problem for myself as an individual. My problem with this 'issue' is that I actually use my Other OS, and specifically bought it for this feature. Actually I use it currently as a second PC in our household. I use it for Open Office, and for browsing the net on the big screen (I'm sure we'll all agree the PS3's buit in browser is lacking.) Just because someone has hacked the processor to allow complete control and the ability to play burned blu-rays shouldn't mean everyone else should suffer the consequences. So its in the air, either give up online play, PSN, and trophies, or update my PS3 and lose my second computer. I say foul on Sony's part for selling me this feature for an additional price (when a lower cost system without the other os was available), and then a few months later taking it away. I feel wronged and have lost respect for SCEA.

Again OP, I do feel your pain in listening to people drone on about features they don't use. But those of us who actually use this feature have every right.

The so called "hack" is nothing. It currently does not allow anything. You cannot run burned games. No one has come out with software to make the hack bad even.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Check this out:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/ext/ZEGO/files/BCU-100_Whitepaper.pdf

A new product by Sony. One that is a beefed up PS3 but aimed at pros. So now do you really think the removal of this feature has anything to do with anything about hacking?

Geohotz minor dent on the PS3 security was just on perfect timing for fanboys to use it as an excuse. Sony didn't even care about it.

Besides, do you really think it makes a difference if you and I update and the malicious users don't? These people are bypassing updates, and if they do crack the system it will be just a matter of time before they can crack updated systems. Which I hope doesn't happen because I rather play with people that don't cheat.

____________SIG_____________
160 GB CECHP01
Message 10 of 63 (43 Views)