Jul 08 2010
By: Landmarx First Son 5 posts

Possible fix for 3.40 blu-ray problems...

2 replies 7 views Edited Jul 8, 2010

My 40Gb fat PS3 started freezing with blu-rays right after 3.40 update. After getting angry and mulling over the possibilities I decided to try and re-install 3.40 update. My original install was from network. It is possible to do a re-install through the safe-mode menu. You need to download the file from this site onto a USB thumb drive. Instructions are on the update download page (linked at the top of this forum). I did the re-install in safe mode, restarted my system, inserted a blu-ray game that had crashed before after only a few minutes, and proceeded to play for an hour with no issues at all. I will update after more testing but I am optimistic. It's an easy and free fix to try for anyone desperate for a solution.

Message 1 of 3 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2723 posts

Re: Possible fix for 3.40 blu-ray problems...

Jul 8, 2010

good to see people checking options before coming to rash decisions. hope it continues to work for you!

of course it was working before it failed, that happens!
Message 2 of 3 (7 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: Possible fix for 3.40 blu-ray problems...

Jul 8, 2010

Yep, it still works. My system worked perfectly before update and started failing after network update. After reading these forums, I was thinking the worst. After reinstalling the 3.40 update via safe mode, the problem disappeared. I hope some people will try this before doing anything extreme. From now on I will only update via download to USB storage media.

Message 3 of 3 (7 Views)
0 Likes