I'll make a protest here, it's trendy this in Brazil :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 2441 of 4,406 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Problem after update to 4.45

Jun 20, 2013

Just wanted to add my name to the ever growing list of "bricked" PS3 victims. I have a fat PS3, upgraded to 1TB.

My story:

I was probably one of the first people affected by this upgrade. In the evening of Tuesday, June 18 I was informed to update my PS3 in between playing games. At that point, I should have gone to bed and left it for the morning (which was my original thought), but instead was very much in the mood to play some Saints Row 3, which had just come out that day for free for PS+. Boy, did I want to play that game! I had created a hunky, naked, d bag and couldn't wait to wreek havok on the virtual streets.

Well, my juvenile enjoyment was dashed the moment I saw sparkles. Nothing... but... sparkles... like a magical unicorn threw up all over my screen... and it wouldn't stop flowing!

Well, nearly 48 hours later, I'm still "bricked" out. I eagerly read the forums on a regular basis, waiting for any clue as to when the patch will be released, or a fix that might apply to me. Alas nothing... except I now know how to get into Safe Mode, and have resolved that sparkles will forever be my enemy.

So, as I wait for the good folks at Sony to release an updated 4.45 update patch, it hasn't caused me too much pain, though I was off work yesterday and it would have been fun to play. Instead I had to do quite the opposite of "fun". I cleaned my bathroom and kitchen, enjoyed the sunshine, and got acquainted with an old friend, Jack Daniels, as I mopped the floor and refreshed forum pages.

Thanks Sony for making me acknowledge reality!

Please use plain text.
Message 2442 of 4,406 (579 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Jun 20, 2013

very trendy indeed

Please use plain text.
Message 2443 of 4,406 (497 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 20, 2013

So...we're into the second day now that my fat 60GB (upgraded to 1TB) CECHA01 has been sitting there, waiting for the patch from Sony to fix what they've done.  How long is it going to take them to track down the problem with their latest sacred firmware update that they force down everyone's throats? It's just plain ridiculous.  I wouldn't even have downloaded the 4.45 update the other night if it hadn't been for the fact that it wouldn't let me watch Netflix until I did, and then of course I still wasn't able to watch Netflix.  The most asinine thing about this is that my system had been humming along just fine before this 'update' that was adding a feature (turning off trophy notifications) that I would never use anyways.  Guess I shouldn't complain too much though being that I was able to just pull out my other 320 GB slim out and use that for the time being; still, it's the principle of the thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 2444 of 4,406 (476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jun 20, 2013
I TOO was affected by sony's firmware , have a 1tb hdd in my superslim , updated and now all i see is a blank xmb, if sony does not handle this witthin the week, we all need to gather up and take them to court there is not way we would lose, they screwed up our systems with their firmware , then they took down the firmwware knowing it screwed us up , and then they say only a few were affected, and they dont tell us what will happen and they hope to keep it on the down low and not fix this for us , well im going to sue them if so.
Please use plain text.
Message 2445 of 4,406 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 20, 2013

communication...

Please use plain text.
Message 2446 of 4,406 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

06-20-2013 01:15 PM

Please please please please please
Please please please please please please please
Fix my ps3

--------

I enjoy these posts

But this one was slightly weak

Bring it back around

Please use plain text.
Message 2447 of 4,406 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Kudos Starstealer80,

You're one of the very few posts that I didn't mind reading. Most of the comments here come off as very whiny, and slightly crybaby-ish. I couldn't help but be disgusted. While I understand their frustration, as my PS3 is bricked as well, I do not agree with most of their logic. Especially those that stoop low enough to use cheap threats by claiming they'll be switching to Microsoft or not buying a PS4.

Who are they kidding, really? They know they're going to buy a PS4, lol. Everyone has become impatient, and that's understandable. But wow...just wow.

Please use plain text.
Message 2448 of 4,406 (363 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Thought i'd just give you some more stats as I continue waiting for this patch. 

I have a fat Ps3 80 GB upgraded to 1TB and its been bricked since monday night.

please! give us an update!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2449 of 4,406 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

I was one of the first victims on the evening of Tuesday, I have a 1TB PS3 SLIM cause like most of you I upgraded it, I was just playing Black Ops 2 with friends when I lost connection to the server (my internet connection is really choppy at times), and so I quit the game and saw that there was an update available for the system and saw the cool new feature of the trophy notifications option and the o[tion sounded pretty good and so I updated, little did I know my PS3 got bricked afterwards and no XMB would appear and so I went into safe mode and tried to restore file system and database with no success and as of right now the PS3 doesn't recognize that there's a HDD to begin with (all I get is a black screen as of now). Anyways I was really looking forward to play some The Last of Us :robotsad:

Please use plain text.
Message 2450 of 4,406 (287 Views)
0 Likes