Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Ps3 turns off 10 min into playing black ops 2

Nov 14, 2012
Same here. This happened on MW3 also. Had my 60GB fat boy since since launch. Everything else works and plays fine. BO2 DOESN'T EVEN MAKE IT TO THE PRESS START SCREEN WITHOUT SHUTTING OFF!
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 155 (2,444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Ive had my 60gb since launch as well. It works perfectly and Ive never had any problems with it playing any other games. However when i put Black ops 2 in and just after the beginning credits, my ps3 turns off. Can anyone advise on this issue??
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 155 (2,425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I have had the Fat PS3 since it first came out. I have played the hell out of it, sometimes playing for over 10 hours at once. Even just last week i was watching netflix almost all day long, and absolutely no problems. But i just baught COD Black Ops 2, and after playing like one multiplayer game my PS3 just turned off and the power on/off button was flashing red. i went to check what this means, and it is supposed to mean the ps3 is overheating internally. So i checked how hot it was, and for some reason my PS3 was very hot, even though i hadnt played all day. I've never had this happen to me before. So i tried playing netflix again, just to see if maybe it was a fan that was broken, and i had no problem. im going to try out madden 13, and play for a while. IF it works, theres definetly a prob with the black ops disc causing the ps3 system to shut down inproperly.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 155 (2,414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

well from what i see you guys have better luck than me. i got the original 80 gb fat backwards compatible ps3 (bought it the day it came out) and never had any issues what so ever.  i popped in the well anticipated BO2, did the update, setup game tried the campaign and lasted about 1 min and that was it, everytime i go through the checking file and restoring, reboot and try again, 1 min of play and thats it.  As far for the PS3 update, weird that it never asked me to update.  played all my other games, MW3, BO1, GT5 and many other and never ever had any issues until i poped in that BO2 and that is the only game doing it.  Sure would be nice for ACTIVISION to acknowledge that there is an issue and if they are trying to fix it or if they will not fix it, cause this game will be going back to the store pretty quick.  I'd hate to do that  cause it is one of my favorite games but i'm getting frustrated and bad.  And my ps3 is not even running hot at all, same temperature as usual and as per ACTIVISION's forums, some users called them and they were told it was a hardware issue (ps3) which makes no sense at all.  some called playstation and they were suggested to reformat and did not changed anything.

hope we wont be left in the dark too long...

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 155 (2,399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Tried my friends brand new slim and sure has **bleep** the game plays fine one that. Looks like christmas might have to come early, at least I got a movie player still in the old fatboy.
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 155 (2,365 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 15, 2012
I have the slim and my screen freezes completetly to were the control doesnt work.
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 155 (2,349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Nov 15, 2012

My friend has it for PS3 the dude was crazy to play it but this happen so he bought the Xbox 360 version instead

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 155 (2,336 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 15, 2012

StillinBeastMode we are referring to the fact that our PS3 auto shutdown not freeze. For use we are playing and all of a sudden the Ps3 power button starts to flash red.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 155 (2,332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 15, 2012

well mine froze up once, did the reboot and then played for maybe two hours kept losing the server connection, during that time so id have to start a new game. shut it off for a while came back now when i get too the find game on multiplayer it cant connect to a server. I saw that it will block you if you back out of the game too many times, but i didnt back out the bleeping game wouldnt stay connected.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 155 (2,318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 15, 2012
I am having the same problem, when i play black ops 2 ,about ten minutes into game ps3 shuts off completly. And i dont even have to go on line and it shuts off! I have old ps3 60gb. Yes the fat one..anyone know the reason?
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 155 (2,311 Views)
0 Likes