Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4175 posts

Re: SONY for the 999th time - Give us what we want!!!!

Jul 28, 2010

T-Icey wrote:

Most requested features:
* Cross game chat (ability to chat no matter what game you're playing)  this is coming soon, you don't need to keep asking for it.
* PS Button – Auto Read Message Upon Notification (be able to press the PS button while the notification is showing to go straight to the message.)  i can see the advantage of this, but i probably 
* Auto-Syncing Trophies (no time waitig to see your trophies)  this would be nice
* Ability to change your username (so that you don't lose your trophies and all your status etc.)  possible since japan already has this feature.  the only problem i foresee is that people would exploit the feature to terrorize people online 
* In game play music (ability to play any of your music in any game)  this feature exists.  complain to the game devs who are responsible for implementing this feature
* In-Game XMB Customization (Faster Loading)  i would lean more towards a lighter in-game XMB (only features relevant to its purpose should be available) 
* Appear offline  this sort of already exists... you can change your status to unavailable - if your friends can't or won't respect that, you might want to reconsider them being on your list. 
* Currently watching... (for playback/movies and all the things)  rich presence is something coded into the actual games. blu-rays/dvds/etc... would also have to have this functionality encoded, so i can't see how this would be possible.
* Record and upload to youtube for all games (since only a few games support that features, it will give you a huge advantage if you put this features all games, and now with Edit and Uploader program that came with v3.40)  i have been wanting this for a long time now.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 31 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Jul 28, 2010

Amir29 wrote:

xDeViLs_PrOdIgYx wrote:

Amir29 wrote:

PyrrhusRex wrote:

T-Icey, if you're trying to "school" someone about these forums and the share.blog, then you probably also know that Sony doesn't read and respond to these forums. Which means that your angry rant is designed to elicit an emotional response from other targets. That, sir, makes you look rather like a troll. If you want to leave angry words for Sony, use the Contact US link at the bottom of this page.

Oh, and you won't typically get far by claiming to speak for everyone.

I don't know where this misconception came from. Not only is this forum provided specifically for SCEA to see what it's user base is talking about. It is also a source for competitors to read what we want from their competitor so they can better plan how to attract us with THEIR updates.

Simply because Sony reps do not post here, does not mean they are not reading. As a matter of fact, why do YOU think SCEA pays lithium to maintain this web site? Do you think it's just for them to be nice and give us a place to converse with one another?

Every major game publisher has an official forum, and most use the data contain in fan discussion to know what they should pursue next to please their fans...

However, the issue with the PS3 firmware updates may not simply be to give us more of what they (SCE) wants opposed to giving us what WE want. It may just be that they're having trouble executing on those ideas as this article from Jack Tretton suggests...

http://gizmodo.com/5025980/sony-knows-what-went-wrong-with-the-ps3

Well, since it's been 3 years and still no XGC, I have no belief that sony reads these forums.

..if they did, they would've seen the topics regarding XGC. 

Not to mention, they created a share blog just to NOT read these forums, and to just get what we want up front.

You have obviously not clicked the link. Please read the article, and that may explain why we wait so long for things.

Also, the reason they (just recently) created the share.blog site was to create a poll format and yet another means of attaining data since polls are not permitted in this forum.

No I did not click the link(before I posted), the reason being, I don't believe a thing Jack Trenton says. 

He's been shoving BS down users throats since the PS3 first launched, and he's still doing it today. 

After reading the link, I find it's just more BS. 

Don't tell me that "software teams" are just tied up. They seem to be doing just fine making useless features we don't want. Here's an idea for them, quit wasting time developing useless features, and put more time and effort into features we actually DO want. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 31 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 28, 2010

SprSynJn wrote:

Gamer-er wrote:

You mean give us what YOU want?

Exactly what I was going to say. Sony has been giving me what I want since I purchased my PS3 in 2007. Not one complaint from me, but I suppose being satisfied with what you have is rare these days.

This is exactly the point that is trying to be made here. Ever think, "I guess I like what I'm given... this has nothing to do with me"? If you're completely satisfied with what table scraps you're given by sony every Dash 1 update, then that's YOUR prerogative. What this post held originally was the other thousands of peoples complaints that show interest in majority of the features listed.

You know what my biggest complain is? It's people like you that come around trying to be the voice of sony, or the hero that calms the flames. From what I can tell in a sea of begging people for features claimed in this thread, your opinion is minority. If you're happy, then go be happy. Go turn on your ps3 and play to your hearts content all you want. The gaming industry is supported by the people that buy games, and the people that stand by the name those games reflect. If we the people that want more pay for games and expect a little more out of the system we support, that's what we have the right to do. We want more, and we are asking for more. Where do you come off coming here telling us to be satisfied and putting your proverbial finger to the mouth in an attempt to "hush" us?

Bottom line is we would like to see these features, and I think you need to get over yourself. I'm not trying to be the voice of the people, but I'm telling you personally that if you don't like the ideas expressed in this thread, move on and enjoy what you have.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 31 (15 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Jul 28, 2010

T-Icey wrote:

lol yeah^^ correct... and he has more than 5,000 posts

Yes, 5,000 posts means I'm suposed to be on every thread and the blog...

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 31 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jul 28, 2010

SprSynJn wrote:

Gamer-er wrote:

Exactly what I was going to say. Sony has been giving me what I want since I purchased my PS3 in 2007. Not one complaint from me, but I suppose being satisfied with what you have is rare these days.

In case you haven't been around, people were satisfied with what they had "until Sony took them away"!!!

"I still have an Atari 2600 from 1980 that has never went bad!"
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 31 (15 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Jul 28, 2010

Kiltron999 wrote:

SprSynJn wrote:

Gamer-er wrote:

In case you haven't been around, people were satisfied with what they had "until Sony took them away"!!!

They took away one feature that a fraction of 1% used, boohoo.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 31 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jul 28, 2010

you know whats funny dude...

why the hell does anyone want to appear offline?(as in a  system update)

Since when is the PS3 myspace? If your to bothered to answer letters, write back or get annoyed of seeing your "friends" online. Its simple, DONT GO ONLINE.. Or go to your settings and disable messages , than on your header type "messages off".  Real social animals huh? why even have friends on your list? 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 31 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 28, 2010

Kiltron999 wrote:

SprSynJn wrote:

Gamer-er wrote:

lol i was just about to say that

Tired of $ony tromping on what you pay for?
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

" We have received your complaint.
Thank you for contacting the FTC. Your complaint has been entered into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide. "
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 31 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2086 posts

Jul 28, 2010

SprSynJn wrote:

Gamer-er wrote:

But they are too slow...whine....whine...  I'm not being sarcastic, that's me whining.  <sigh>.  I've been spoiled by the fast pace of development on other platforms.  As someone else observed, Sony is the developer of the hardware,  Operating System, software development tools and finally, the applications we use.  

They finally have a cross platform language or two on multiple platforms and we should see that bear fruit soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 31 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5451 posts

Jul 28, 2010

xDeViLs_PrOdIgYx wrote:

Amir29 wrote:

xDeViLs_PrOdIgYx wrote:

Amir29 wrote:

PyrrhusRex wrote:

T-Icey, if you're trying to "school" someone about these forums and the share.blog, then you probably also know that Sony doesn't read and respond to these forums. Which means that your angry rant is designed to elicit an emotional response from other targets. That, sir, makes you look rather like a troll. If you want to leave angry words for Sony, use the Contact US link at the bottom of this page.

Oh, and you won't typically get far by claiming to speak for everyone.

I don't know where this misconception came from. Not only is this forum provided specifically for SCEA to see what it's user base is talking about. It is also a source for competitors to read what we want from their competitor so they can better plan how to attract us with THEIR updates.

Simply because Sony reps do not post here, does not mean they are not reading. As a matter of fact, why do YOU think SCEA pays lithium to maintain this web site? Do you think it's just for them to be nice and give us a place to converse with one another?

Every major game publisher has an official forum, and most use the data contain in fan discussion to know what they should pursue next to please their fans...

However, the issue with the PS3 firmware updates may not simply be to give us more of what they (SCE) wants opposed to giving us what WE want. It may just be that they're having trouble executing on those ideas as this article from Jack Tretton suggests...

http://gizmodo.com/5025980/sony-knows-what-went-wrong-with-the-ps3

Well, since it's been 3 years and still no XGC, I have no belief that sony reads these forums.

..if they did, they would've seen the topics regarding XGC. 

Not to mention, they created a share blog just to NOT read these forums, and to just get what we want up front.

You have obviously not clicked the link. Please read the article, and that may explain why we wait so long for things.

Also, the reason they (just recently) created the share.blog site was to create a poll format and yet another means of attaining data since polls are not permitted in this forum.

No I did not click the link(before I posted), the reason being, I don't believe a thing Jack Trenton says. 

He's been shoving BS down users throats since the PS3 first launched, and he's still doing it today. 

After reading the link, I find it's just more BS. 

Don't tell me that "software teams" are just tied up. They seem to be doing just fine making useless features we don't want. Here's an idea for them, quit wasting time developing useless features, and put more time and effort into features we actually DO want. 

I'm sorry, but I can not continue discussion with you on this topic if you will not read what is referenced to maintain your opinion. The fact of the matter is, no representative is going to publically state that they made a mistake in development of their product without it being true. This is the first time we truly see transparency on what is wrong with the PS3, and you simply choose to deny it.

However, your response STILL tells me you have STILL not read the article in the link, because Tretton never states "they are busy doing something else"... He explains that the PS3 was flawed since development, and software engineers are having hardships coding for the hardware developed.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 31 (15 Views)
0 Likes