Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 24 2010
By: BigDally13 Uncharted Territory 1798 posts

Should I update?

3 replies 3 views Edited Apr 24, 2010

I haven't turned on my PS3 in probably 3 weeks or so. I've seen that there were complaints all around about the latest updates, taking away the "Other OS" feature, etc. So my question is should I update? I like all my current features and If these updates take away things like the "Other OS" then I don't want to update, what all is included with the most current updates?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Re: Should I update?

Apr 24, 2010

If you check your email inbox for the new PSN Terms of Service, you'll notice Sony now says it's none of your business whether you should update or not. If Sony decides you update, you'll update and like it. And if you disagree, cancel all your accounts, leave this website, and go away.

They haven't tried it yet, but they will eventually.

Message 2 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
638 posts

Apr 24, 2010

only better media playback, 3D TV support for games and the ability to sort trophies. Oh and if you're adicted to playing online you have to update!

I've had it with the morons at Sony but I'm not gonna tell you what to do.  I hate their new ToS and that was the last straw for me so I will never buy any Sony harware ever again.( I can't fault Sony pictures and such for what their harware divisions are doing)

Decide for yoursef: linux or PS3

Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
(have fun MMO players ^^)

Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr/Quetzalcoatl
Message 3 of 4 (3 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Apr 24, 2010

AR_Kozz wrote:

If you check your email inbox for the new PSN Terms of Service, you'll notice Sony now says it's none of your business whether you should update or not. If Sony decides you update, you'll update and like it. And if you disagree, cancel all your accounts, leave this website, and go away.

They haven't tried it yet, but they will eventually.

Oh that is so messed up, and it just isn't going to fly at all. Even Windows doesn't force you to update if you don't want to. They would have a lot to gain too, what with all the security holes they patch. Sony has no right or reason to automatically install updates.

0 Likes