Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 15 2013
By: hair_ee_ballz First Son 6 posts

Since When and Why does my purchases(DLC) not accessed from my other profiles on the same PS3???

[ Edited ]
6 replies 129 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

EVERY piece of DLC i have ever downloaded has been accessable from the other accounts. My Son and I share a PS3, He has a log in, my daughter, my wife, i have 3 different ones(Different names). COD, Mainly. But today i purchased the season pass DLC for Borderlands 2, then after i played a bit, my son started to play on his account(SAME BILLING INFO SINCE DAD BUY EVERYTHING) and it said he would have to pay another $29.99!!!! **bleep**??? So let me get this straight. I have lets say 4 sons, all about the same age. We have one playstation, I get them a game for christmas(Just One Game...HELLO!!) and so your telling me i have to spend $120.00 for all four to be able to play the game????"Bleep"

I called PS3 and had the mreturn my money, i will not be purchasing multiple downloads for one family,one system,one game. Not gunna happen. I Boycot that game(PS3 stated its not them, its the Game Company) so i guess if thats what 2K Games, and gearbox Software wants to play, then they will not have my business.

Am i wrong on this? Again, first time ever this has happened. Maybe they havent thought of this situation, if the yhave and expect payment. Then no bueno

What do you think?

"Profanity removed"

Message 1 of 7 (129 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15432 posts

Re: Since When and Why does my purchases(DLC) not accessed from my other profiles on the same PS3???

Feb 16, 2013

Yes, you are wrong on this.  Your other family members were never able to download content purchased by your PSN account.  They are only able to install and play content purchased by your account, after it is downloaded. That includes season passes.  Only the PSN account that purchased the season pass can download any of the pass content.  Once it is downloaded, any user profile on the PS3 can use it.

GKP
Message 2 of 7 (112 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Since When and Why does my purchases(DLC) not accessed from my other profiles on the same PS3???

Feb 17, 2013

HMMMMMMMmmmmmmnnnnnn. Let me give that a shot, but your theory sounds solid. Thanks!

Message 3 of 7 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I tried and FAIL. I was excited because it made sense what you stated. But NO-GO, I chose one of the items avaiable under the season pass. Downlaoded and installed. Logged into the other user and BAM! $9.99, and it shows "Installed" but in order to access it it wants to log back into the store so i can purchase it under that profile........Only on Borderlands 2 am I having problems.

Any more help, please give. or suggest. Thnaks!

Message 4 of 7 (82 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4691 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I can confirm that Borderlands 2 DLC works with other accounts on the same system.  As mentioned, you justhave to download it first, with the account that purchased it.

Message 5 of 7 (79 Views)
MVP Support
15432 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Which specific DLC are you having this problem with?

GKP
Message 6 of 7 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 18, 2013

All righty then. My Son jumped on my account, and started playing some DLC. just to make sure it was completely installed ect.

When he logs into his account, it shows that it will cost 9.99 to get it, the ntakes him to the store to buy it and wants me to add funds. Just to make sure it wouldnt prompt me ya know, BUT................***   , when he just plays the game, and travels to the point in the game where the DLC exixt he DOES HAVE ACCESS!!! YAY!! and yippy skippy!!!,  Its a little misleading, and it would have let me pay again, but i guess thats good enough for me.

Thanks for the replies peeps, Much appriciated.

we are doing it for the lulz

Message 7 of 7 (67 Views)
0 Likes