Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 10 2013
By: flyingvee First Son 5 posts

So I can't have 3 PS3s?

11 replies 185 views Edited Apr 10, 2013

Guys-  you are totally missing the boat and losing sales.  I just saw a great deal on a new 500 gb PS3.  But from what I've read, I can NOT use it without deactivating one of my other PS3s.  I have three movie rooms in my house.

Is there a workaround, or are you going to make me use an XBox 360 in my 3rd movie room for streaming and gameplay?  I sure as tarnation ain't gonna unplug, pickup, and move my PS3 from one room to another.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Re: So I can't have 3 PS3s?

Apr 10, 2013

2 PS3s and 2 PSPs looks to be the limits

you could have a seperate PSN account on the 3rd PS3

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Apr 10, 2013
You can have as many ps3's as you want.
Make a new account on each playstation.

What your refering to is sharing your account with the other playstations.
This is not allowed.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (176 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Toe_Tag_ wrote:
You can have as many ps3's as you want.
Make a new account on each playstation.

What your refering to is sharing your account with the other playstations.
This is not allowed.

You can share between 2 PS3'S. It used to be 5 but to much "sharing" between "non paying" users if you know what I mean.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (166 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13624 posts

Apr 10, 2013

You can have as many PS3s as you want, and you can use the same PSN account on all of them.  The game content that you purchase in the Playstation Store is limited to two PS3s at a time; for each account that you buy it under.  HD video content is limited to one PS3 at a time for each PSN account. You can have as many PSN accounts as you want, and content downloaded by one PSN account is generally usable by other accounts on the same PS3.  Playstation Plus automatic downloads is limited to one PS3 at a time, per PSN account that subscribes to Plus. Everything that you can do with a PS3, can be done on as many PS3s as you like.  Depending on how many PS3s that you have, you may have to purchase some content more than once; if you insist on having it available on all of your PS3s at the same time.  You don't have to do that.  It is your choice.  

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3503 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Also don't think that disconnecting the Ethernet cable will get you more PS3's active, It will not, the server keeps a record not the PS3s...

Also DLC and Video content REQUIRE an active PSN ID with an internet conection... You Can't buy and then remain ofline. The DLC will want  to dial home to Verifiy the content has been paid for...

PS vita video has a longer play time with out a internet connection. PS3 video DRM is very short life now with out a internet connection...

Aka NONE. PS3 Videos from PSN store will not play with out a PSN ID signed in... just try it with a Movie store trailer...   

PS+ content requires re-activation every 6 months even if you paid for 12 months...  in <six months you have to go back online and re sync your content on every PS3 you downloaded it on... Even if the second PS3 is in Alaska with no Broadband you will need to connect it...   

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Apr 10, 2013

@GraphiteGB - once you download you don't have to be online. I have many DLC games and I never have to log in to play them.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 10, 2013

All of that is sorta what I thought - its just that I've been a plus member for several years, and have a lot of content.  Having seperate accounts means I'd need to BUY two PS+ memberships a year.

That's a non-starter.  So basically what you're telling me is I can have all the PS3s I want - but I have to buy a PS+ for every two.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Apr 10, 2013

correct I know it sucks for people with more than 2 devices buts thats very small percent, what it does is makes it hard for the cheapos cheating the system by sharing accounts

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Well, shoot.  With all of Sony's paranoia, and their continuous stream of anti-piracy updates, you'd think they could work it so a legitimate owner could have more.  If nothing else, maybe tie to IP address?  I'd be running all three thru the same router.

I'd also like to have all my portables activated, but I can understand that.  But snit - I find it hard to beleive that they couldn't come up with a solution if they wanted to.  Unless - its as I keep hearing - that Sony actually loses money on each PS3.  In which case, they wouldn't want me to buy another, without buying a whole set of new content.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (106 Views)
0 Likes