Fender Bender
4175 posts

Re: Sony's got the full attention the hacker now

Mar 31, 2010

Dafrety wrote:

ziggurcat wrote:

protecting your intellectual property from thieves is illegal?

Of course it isn't. But taking away things from all of your customers because one person did something that you disagree with certainly is questionable.

and threatening lawsuits and inciting people to circumvent the security of the system because you (in the general sense, not you personally) don't happen to agree with their decision to discontinue the support of an optional feature (not a service) isn't? 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3670 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Don't shoot me, but I have full backing behind Sony.  I understand where its coming from and Geohotz or whatever his name is , is fully to blame.  Like the OP said, two wrongs don't make a right and it is very incriminating of him to pretty much threaten Sony.  Hacking, I am pretty sure, is illegal and what he is doing, well, should not go unpunished.  Geo has no right to do what he wants with the ps3, as I am sure it is written all in the fine print.  There is no hard ball going on because he is not in any right and was not in any right.

You all want your OtherOS, but seriously, does that mean you are fine with someone hacking your ps3 and stealing your info or making your ps3 inoperable?  Think of this logically and understand where Sony is coming from first instead of being so spoil and narrow-minded.  I am not trying to attack anyone here, but am saying this generally.  Either way, this has got to stop and Geo has got to stop having such a a big head.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (1 View)
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Geo Hotz is in no way to blame for this, Sony should have made a more secure product and they are just lazy, instead of patching the problem they are going to nuke it by removing the other OS. A massive company with probably thousands of engineers gets outdone by a teenager, its laughable! I hope he brings everyone justice and cracks the system wide open with custom firmware.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (1 View)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Well after the whole RTC bug incident I have to agree about Sony's laziness. The sad thing is, either way, they're still going to have people handing them money.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 31, 2010

From what i read of his hack of the ps3.  He would have to physically have your ps3 to hack it.  So i really don't see what the big deal is either way.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1188 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Sony shot themselves in the foot with releasing 3.21

They just propelled the hacking/modding community into high gear.  Geo's intent was not malicious in any way.

Is Apple cry out foul, When they know that people are using the jailbreak firmware. Apple doesent care people are still buying iphones.

Plain and simple Dumb and stupid move by Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Mar 31, 2010

ILOVEPLASTATION3 wrote:

Don't shoot me, but I have full backing behind Sony.  I understand where its coming from and Geohotz or whatever his name is , is fully to blame.  Like the OP said, two wrongs don't make a right and it is very incriminating of him to pretty much threaten Sony.  Hacking, I am pretty sure, is illegal and what he is doing, well, should not go unpunished.  Geo has no right to do what he wants with the ps3, as I am sure it is written all in the fine print.  There is no hard ball going on because he is not in any right and was not in any right.

You all want your OtherOS, but seriously, does that mean you are fine with someone hacking your ps3 and stealing your info or making your ps3 inoperable?  Think of this logically and understand where Sony is coming from first instead of being so spoil and narrow-minded.  I am not trying to attack anyone here, but am saying this generally.  Either way, this has got to stop and Geo has got to stop having such a a big head.

Good post.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Mar 31, 2010

I find it sad that so many people truly believe that this "hack" will allow someone to blow up every PS3 in the world. Custom firmware != insecure for PlayStation 3 games.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Mar 31, 2010

Are you people stupid?  That hack did not allow piracy at all on the ps3.  It also did not allow anyone else access to your ps3.  It did, however, give SONY an excuse to remove a feature that is expensive to maintain, and not used by a large percentage of people.  They are LYING.  They are SCAMMING THEIR MOST LOYAL CUSTOMERS.  There is nothing "good" about this update.  It won't benefit anyone but SONY.  Boy will it benefit them, though.  And all they have to do is blame it on that awful hacker.  LOL.  They said it, it must be true!  Just like when they say there is no overheating and bluray problems with the older models.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 31, 2010
Niiicce agreed
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes