Survivor
2726 posts

Re: Sony's got the full attention the hacker now

Mar 31, 2010

ILOVEPLASTATION3 wrote:

Don't shoot me, but I have full backing behind Sony.  I understand where its coming from and Geohotz or whatever his name is , is fully to blame.  Like the OP said, two wrongs don't make a right and it is very incriminating of him to pretty much threaten Sony.  Hacking, I am pretty sure, is illegal and what he is doing, well, should not go unpunished.  Geo has no right to do what he wants with the ps3, as I am sure it is written all in the fine print.  There is no hard ball going on because he is not in any right and was not in any right.

You all want your OtherOS, but seriously, does that mean you are fine with someone hacking your ps3 and stealing your info or making your ps3 inoperable?  Think of this logically and understand where Sony is coming from first instead of being so spoil and narrow-minded.  I am not trying to attack anyone here, but am saying this generally.  Either way, this has got to stop and Geo has got to stop having such a a big head.

Finally someone hit the nail on the head. What's more cost effective? Take out a feature that probably 1-2% of old console users even use that can cause exploitation (Geo has accessed the file system before.) Or spend countless man-hours perfecting a feature hardly anyone will use? Which one makers more sense? I think the first one does. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with piracy as much as it's not widely used and is truly a hole in the PS3's security given a small one it's still a hole. Throw in the fact that pretty much any PC that's not older than 7 or 8 years will run linux better than the PS3 anyway and you got yourself a pretty useless feature there.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2726 posts

Re: Sony's got the full attention the hacker now

Mar 31, 2010

StrikeDog wrote:

From what i read of his hack of the ps3.  He would have to physically have your ps3 to hack it.  So i really don't see what the big deal is either way.

They are covering themselves for future reference incase the PS3 can ever be hacked via remote play. There used to be a remote play hack where you didn't need a PSP which combine that with the knowledge on how to get into the filesystem using PS3 linux and you've got yourself a problem there.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes