Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3221 posts

Re: Sony stonewalling customers in-person @ Comic-Con

Jul 29, 2010

I may be biased, having read posts by Sterist before, but when I read the OP here, I couldn't help but view his question to the PS reps as a leading question. Personally, I'm of the opinion that he knew precisely what their answer was going to be and that, furthermore, he was *counting* on it so that he could launch into his reasons for why *he* thought the reasons behind the decision were bogus.

I then can't help wondering if the reps realized this as soon as he opened his mouth the second time and decided that they were better off ignoring him. Now, we have his word for the fact that they laughed in his face. If they really did laugh like he makes it seem, that's not really cool either. But I have a feeling it was more of a "Hey, I see where you're going now, and it's not going to work" chuckle as they moved away.

Game 1: Giants 11-7 Rangers       Game 4: Giants 4-0 Rangers            GIANTS WIN THE WORLD SERIES!
Game 2: Giants 9-0 Rangers         Game 5: Giants 3-1 Rangers                             2010 Champs!
Game 3: Rangers 4-2 Giants
Go Giants!

PyrrhusRex Trophy Card

| Uncharted 2 Stats | Learn to Google |

Modern War Gear Solid

Message 81 of 84 (16 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 29, 2010

Falcon_VII wrote:

OK I admit I stopped reading this thread after all of you got into a giant silly arguement, but here's how I see it:

You did what many people do when they interact with lower level employees and asked them questions which they know nothing about apart from: "Insert corporate polcy reply here.". That question was bound to fail when you asked it, and they had no obligation (and possibly no right) to answer you beyond what they have been told to say.

IMO this 'shortened conversation' you had with the reps is just like anyone here at the boards calling Sony tech support and expecting answer to a question like "My PS3 doesn't work anymore I think the nVidia based RSX GPU has a defective ROP circiut. Could it be related to my UPS putting out an abnormal voltage?" You might as well be speaking mandarin when you get past a certain point when talking to people that are not trained/educated and/or allowed by the company to speak on technical matters. 

Basically the whole reason this thread exists is because a question that did not need to be asked to a couple of promoters was asked. If people want answers to questions like these they need to ask people who actually know, not people who are paid to get you to try games at a booth at an expo.

I don't blame you but this is why you went wrong here.

it's been rehashed only a few dozen times in this mess.

edit:

PyrrhusRex wrote:

I may be biased, having read posts by Sterist before, but when I read the OP here, I couldn't help but view his question to the PS reps as a leading question. Personally, I'm of the opinion that he knew precisely what their answer was going to be and that, furthermore, he was *counting* on it so that he could launch into his reasons for why *he* thought the reasons behind the decision were bogus.

I then can't help wondering if the reps realized this as soon as he opened his mouth the second time and decided that they were better off ignoring him. Now, we have his word for the fact that they laughed in his face. If they really did laugh like he makes it seem, that's not really cool either. But I have a feeling it was more of a "Hey, I see where you're going now, and it's not going to work" chuckle as they moved away.

now here's something we've both goofed on. a bias is best introduced at the very beginning of conversations to know who's coming from where. personally, i come from both sides so i must claim a non-biased stance as i have been a Playstation gamer since 1998, just over 12 years. i have a ps1, ps2, ps3, and have 3 psp's. technically i've been a gamer more than twice as long as a linux user, and i still hold a global 1st place position on Resistance 1 after all this offline time since the April Fools Day Firmware.

Sony is cutting out the middle-grounds and basically saying "Choose-- gamer, or non gamer." on something already sold, over something that about 10 households per industrialized country in the world are capable of.

Tired of $ony tromping on what you pay for?
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

" We have received your complaint.
Thank you for contacting the FTC. Your complaint has been entered into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide. "
Message 82 of 84 (16 Views)
Fender Bender
4175 posts

Jul 29, 2010

Sterist wrote:
how many times have i been over this already?

they laughed in my face when i tried to speak and walked off.

there's nothing wrong with educating a few employees on something they've only heard 1 side of in their cubicals.

because you were pestering them.  you took their proximity to the area you were working as an excuse to air out your dirty laundry on people who had nothing to do with the decision.  how many times do you need to be told this? 

there's nothing wrong with giving people information, but when you're attempting to do it in a manner that's condescending and immature, that's a problem.

furthermore, linux users are not being discriminated against, so you can stop with that nonsense as well.  

Message 83 of 84 (16 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30082 posts

Jul 29, 2010

Locked due to flaming.

New User's Guide

Fastest Grandma In GT
Message 84 of 84 (16 Views)
0 Likes