Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 19 2012
By: aucheemama First Son 3 posts

Three different ps3 consoles all freeze on startup

5 replies 231 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

I travel alot and stay in hotels. I have a ps3 system that is around 3 years old and it started freezing before it even gets to the homescreen. its out of warranty and i didnt want to wait around with sending it in to get fixed so i bought a new one. The new one worked fine the first couple times i used it then it started freezing in the same spot as well. I took it back and exchanged for a new one and the same thing happens again. I dont know what is casuing this. possibly the power outlets? but it doesnt happen everytime.. i have started all ps3s in safe mode and cleaned the hard drives then they work fine once or twice and then same thing happens.... help or ideas?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (231 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29112 posts

Re: Three different ps3 consoles all freeze on startup

Nov 19, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I'm sorry to say but the first thing I would do (again), is return it, we can only hope that you have been very unlucky.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (228 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Nothing else? How would they all freeze in same spot? Gotta be another answer other than return it. Lets pretend i return it and it does the same thing.. then what would you tell me

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (221 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29112 posts

Nov 19, 2012

aucheemama wrote:

Nothing else? How would they all freeze in same spot? Gotta be another answer other than return it. Lets pretend i return it and it does the same thing.. then what would you tell me

Good question!

I suppose it's possible that there's an issue with the power outlet(s) in your home, you've tried the PS3 on different outlets?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Im in a hotel... The problem didnt start with the first ps3 until i got to the hotel im at now. Thats why im thinking it must have something to do with the oultets now bc i havent been able to try the ps3 plugged in any where else. Just wondering if you think that is a plausible cause. There are only 4 outlets close enough for me to try but im assuming there all on the same circuit so if one outlet in my room has power problems they all probably do. guess ill wait to try it when i go home this wednesday

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 19, 2012

aucheemama wrote:

Im in a hotel... The problem didnt start with the first ps3 until i got to the hotel im at now. Thats why im thinking it must have something to do with the oultets now bc i havent been able to try the ps3 plugged in any where else. Just wondering if you think that is a plausible cause. There are only 4 outlets close enough for me to try but im assuming there all on the same circuit so if one outlet in my room has power problems they all probably do. guess ill wait to try it when i go home this wednesday

Well did you do safe mode ?????

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (199 Views)
0 Likes