First Son
3 posts

Re: Update 4.25 ps3 bug

Oct 4, 2012

You bet. I'm probably just going to switch over to XBox if Sony doesn't do something about this.

Message 41 of 52 (670 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 8, 2012

My issue with the update is different.  I get improper shut down when trying to quit a game or shut off the system.  Friends in my Madden league are having similar issues, but, not exactly the same.  For instance,  one guys system reboots instead of improperly shutting down.  

Message 42 of 52 (588 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 9, 2012

it is not just a problem for m13 and sleeping dogs, i have the exactly same issue with f1 2012 :smileysad:

Message 43 of 52 (564 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Mine has had errors with downloaded games.  I would randomly get the game to just Freeze, and then the syem would completely lock up. I got so fed up that I demanded a refund to the most recent purchase.  Playing most my disc games so far has been fine, but I've gotten graphic issues with them havein "flashing" patches of blank data on the screen.  All this started to happen after the 4.25 update.... I reall hate the mandatory updates... its our system, we paid for it, and since I don't play online that much, I really prefer not to update every time, but I doso due to still being able to talk to my friends and Family through the PS3.

I hope they resolve the issue and put up a new patch that solves it asap...

and for some reason, my friend that has 4.21 didn't have to update. I need to find out how he did that.

Message 44 of 52 (502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Akataru96 wrote:

Three days after I got the 4.25 update, my PS3 started turning off by itself. It has never done this before, and I rarely even play it. Customer Support told me that the "updates can't cause that problem". What a load of crap. I want some answers before I decide to send it in. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the original 60GB model.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do right now. Sony is blaming the problem at the present time on all their customers, taking the route that everyone's machines simply all failed coincidentally at the same time they all updated to 4.25.

I contacted the Federal Trade Commission and filed a complaint with them against Sony. Who knows where that will go. The main problem is that this won't be solved any time soon because Sony is a greedy, **bleep** of a company - essentially screwing us. I will not buy another machine, and I'll be damned if they make me pay to fix my system that THEY broke. It's like the burglar who sues you because he broke his leg falling down your steps while stealing stuff out of your house.

Message 45 of 52 (495 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 13, 2012

i have the same problem and i got the response from sony to send it in for repair.  Now my system shuts down while im in the middle of playimg games. Ps3 games specifically.  Im lucky im getting through RE6 at all.  im leery about sending it in when there was nothing wrong in the first place.  My system is an older model from four years ago. I wonder if the update was meant more for newer hardware in the newer slim models?  Anyone have a ps3 slim having this problem?

Message 46 of 52 (472 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 13, 2012

also, my system does not shut down properly, or turn on properly. i have to try and turn it on several times before i can get it to run the way its supposed to.  otherwise i get the green/yellow/green red flash on my console. also, a detailed note about my games. The system seems to only shut down when playing games that use a lot of ram or video memory.  Super street fighter 4 works fine, but assasins creed brotherhood will shut down after anytime from one minute to an hour, even longer. God of war3 shuts down after mere minutes. 

Dear SONY:  Re-examine the firmware update and release a fixed version for the system please.

Message 47 of 52 (465 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Ive bought xbox for a while now. Switched to ps3 on thursday. Had to replace 2 ps3 from a screen freeze on start up. Thought it was from the large HD(500) so i went down to a 250. E erything going fine... Then wham! Same problem. Guss i should have never came back to sony.. Speacially after a sunami. No wonder there cheap. Tbey all break!
Message 48 of 52 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Hi All,

I already fix the issue...

But a lost all my information... It doesnt matter, the important thing is that MY PS3 IS ALIVE!!!!!

What do need to do?

1. Put out the hard disk.

2. Use a hard drive case to format the hard disk in your PC.

3. Format the HD using exFAT.

4. Put it in your PS3 and download the must updated version... (I used v4.31)

5. Follow the instructions.

Let me know if you have any question about this!!!!

andrescar22@hotmail.com

Message 49 of 52 (258 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 28, 2012
corrupted your hard drive and you need another one
\
Message 50 of 52 (199 Views)
0 Likes