Oct 11 2013
By: MAU5ISTHEBO55 First Son 2 posts

What will happen if i delete my account on my PS3 console?

4 replies 518 views Edited Oct 11, 2013

Im wondering what will happen if i delete my account on my Playstation 3 console. Im deleting it because im selling my PS3 to get some games for the PS4 so i need to know these questions,If i sign back onto my PS4 with my PSN (MAU5ISTHEBO55) will i have all my old info such as friends,trophies,games that i downloaded,ect...it would be great to know as soon as possible

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (518 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5120 posts

Re: What will happen if i delete my account on my PS3 console?

Oct 11, 2013

You will be able to sign in with your existing PSN ID and your trophies will carry over. Your downloaded games will not.  Don't know about your friends list - I think it would, but don't know for certain.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

No PS3 games can be played on a PS4.

Also, your friends list will carry over with a new limit of 2,000 HOWEVER, you will be able to send messages but will not be able to chat if you have a PS4 and they are on a PS3 I believe. ALSO, you will not be able to play games together if you are on a PS4 and they are on a PS3.

You may want to rethink that part about selling your PS3.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (507 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 11, 2013

it would make sense for the friends to carry over so basicly i will still have everything on my account but the games i have downloaded?

vfr_800_rider wrote:

You will be able to sign in with your existing PSN ID and your trophies will carry over. Your downloaded games will not.  Don't know about your friends list - I think it would, but don't know for certain.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Oct 11, 2013

MAU5ISTHEBO55 wrote:

it would make sense for the friends to carry over so basicly i will still have everything on my account but the games i have downloaded?

vfr_800_rider wrote:

I edited my post after you posted. Read the other limitations which I listed in my above post.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (499 Views)
0 Likes