Fender Bender
3463 posts

Re: Whats frustrates you about the firmware updates

Oct 8, 2010

linux731 wrote:

lonewolf1994 wrote:

what frustrates me is all the useless crap we get in the updates. i know some people might care about them, but for me, taking the facebook update for example, i couldn't give a rats ass about some god damn facebook update to show my god damn trophys to people who seriously dont give a flying **bleep**. -___-

Then why do you have your trophy collection as your signature?

what? those are my stats of uncharted 2

lonewolf1994 Trophy Card
Message 11 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Oct 9, 2010

Facebook sucks, no more features needed for it.. pay attention to something else thats actually worthy.

Other than that I hate when they strip down the ps3

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Oct 10, 2010

yeah, I think, I'll be uploading photos to picassa, I have re-formatted my gf's Win based machine more then I care to. This time, She wants  she can learn to format her machine..and re-load it. maybe then she will stay off it.. besides, it data mines as well and any thing that don't easily delete thee you your account is rather phishy to me.

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 13 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Oct 10, 2010

Nothing. I don't use the browser (thats what my laptop is for), I don't care for 3D, I never used the Other OS, mine has never broken from an update, nor has it ever frozen while installing. Though I know a lot of people would use cross game chat, I most likely wouldn't. The only feature I could possibly think of to want is to be able to search for music on the HDD or streaming from a computer.

Backward Compatible 80GB PS3 (now 500GB)
32" LG LCD HDTV (720P)
5.1 Channel 800 Watt Sony Surround Sound System
PS2 Fat and Slim
PS1 Slim and Original
Message 14 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Oct 10, 2010

lonewolf1994 wrote:

linux731 wrote:

lonewolf1994 wrote:

what frustrates me is all the useless crap we get in the updates. i know some people might care about them, but for me, taking the facebook update for example, i couldn't give a rats ass about some god damn facebook update to show my god damn trophys to people who seriously dont give a flying **bleep**. -___-

Then why do you have your trophy collection as your signature?

what? those are my stats of uncharted 2

oh well

Message 15 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
638 posts

Oct 11, 2010

That Sony never adds any usefull features and takes fun things like "Install other os" away.

3d TV compatibility= garbage! I don't want to pay $3k for a TV and $100 a pair for glasses

PS store recomendations= garbage. I know what I want and I don't need you to tell me

PS plus- super garbage.  If it was like amazon prime where I get discounts and frre shipping it might be fun but the minute I found out that you could NOT keep the free game of the month if you canel...that's what turned me against it...

Securtiy udates= garbage.  It's a given.  Someone will break the system  It's just best to deal with the aftermath and proscute the guys who put pirated games on the internat

I"nstall other OS"= totall garbage.  Securty update my eye. They just wanted to save $$$ by not patching it.  Plus from my prespective it's one of the things that discorged hackers and homebrewers from trying to break the game OS.  Most of these guys would have just foucused on making more linux apps instead of breaking 3.41.(hey I can always use more linux homebrew instead of I" broke the OS so you can pirente stuff too" homebrew)

Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
(have fun MMO players ^^)

Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr/Quetzalcoatl
Message 16 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1134 posts

Oct 11, 2010

jmdavies wrote:

PS plus- super garbage.  If it was like amazon prime where I get discounts and frre shipping it might be fun but the minute I found out that you could NOT keep the free game of the month if you canel...that's what turned me against it...

You pay for shipping when you download games from the PS Store?

Red Forman: If the US government decides to stick a tracking device up your ***, you say, "Thank You. And God Bless America."
Message 17 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 11, 2010

Only thing that bothers me is like the last update..3.5...  First off I was just running into the house to show a friend a part of a game I had and couldn't cause it was calling for me to update.. "Well, whatever can be dealt with I guess."   But second, when I finally got the update and went to connect to the playstation network all my information had to be re-entered and it kept giving me this stupid 8002Blah blah code.  Only thing I did to fix it was power cycle the momem/router and ps3 and try and try..untill finally after an hour I came back and it magically worked.  That's what I hate!

Message 18 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Oct 11, 2010

There are two things that are frustrating about updates.

1) you don't get a choice on which features sony adds/removes. ex: you can keep your other os function but you can no longer use PSN. ex. no.2 sony adding feacbook features to your ps3, do they really think people want to know everytime you unlock a trophy. short answer is no.

2) when an update causes problems like all of the ones we keep hearing about after the 3.50 update, sony is not willing to help you out. I asked about what they would do about bricking my frag fx controller, they said nothing, your on your own.

Message 19 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Oct 11, 2010

Killision wrote:

There are two things that are frustrating about updates.

1) you don't get a choice on which features sony adds/removes. ex: you can keep your other os function but you can no longer use PSN. ex. no.2 sony adding feacbook features to your ps3, do they really think people want to know everytime you unlock a trophy. short answer is no.

2) when an update causes problems like all of the ones we keep hearing about after the 3.50 update, sony is not willing to help you out. I asked about what they would do about bricking my frag fx controller, they said nothing, your on your own.

1.) When it comes example 2 and the additions to the PS3 such as the facebook stuff you can't claim that no one want's something just the same as someone else claiming that everyone want's something. Some people obviously don't have any interest in the feature, some do and will use the feature. Myself personally it helps me and a few of my friends determine what games are worth buying, trying or renting.

So kindly speak within regards for yourself on such matters rather then trying to speak for everyone k?

2.) If you are using an unlicensed controller then you can blame splitfish for not selling a licensed controller. If you are using the V1 controller then you can blame Splitfish for discontinuing and no longer supporting your controller that was produced by splitfish. If you are using the V2 controller then go to splitfish's firmware page and see if the update works...

Bottom line.... Splitfish made a controller and sold it to you (either directly or through a vendor) as compatable with the PS3. If the controller no longer works then splitfish is to blame.

Message 20 of 49 (4 Views)
0 Likes