Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 02 2013
By: jefffrazee First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

can i use an HDMI for video and RCA cables for sound?

6 replies 167 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

Ok is this possible; i wish to use a T.V. AND a monitor at the same time. the problem is that my monitor does not have built in speakers. my plan, if it is possible, is to use a DVI Male To HDMI Female Converter Adapter Connector and connect it to my HDMI for the monitor. i need the monitor for video. Then i wish to plug my rca cable into my t.v. and use that for sound. i have seen on other posts that you can disable the sound for the HDMI and then disable the video for the RCA cables. if this is to counfusing reply and ill try to simplify it

Thanks!,

~Jefffrazee

Message 1 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1209 posts

Re: can i use an HDMI for video and RCA cables for sound?

Apr 2, 2013

Yes. Audio settings.

Message 2 of 7 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3680 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013
Yes it can be done and fairly easy:

Settings -> Display Settings -> Video Output Settings = HDMI
Settings -> Sounds Settings -> Audio Output Settings = Audio Input Conector/SCART/AV Multi
3 posts

Apr 2, 2013

my god thanks you guys my mother thought that it would be way to hard but it seems to be easy! i figured no one wud reply:smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 7 (150 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Apr 2, 2013
This is a very easy problem to solve. It's to bad most problems are not this easy.
My PSN
Message 5 of 7 (133 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Apr 2, 2013

is this going to work because im going to use a DVI Male To HDMI Female Converter Adapter Connector for my HDMI cable on my acer P191W-D monitor?

Message 6 of 7 (104 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14843 posts

Apr 2, 2013

It makes no difference.  DVI doesn't carry audio anyway, so if you are using a DVI monitor, then you would have to output the audio through the digital optical output port, or the multi-out port.

GKP
Message 7 of 7 (86 Views)
0 Likes