Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 27 2012
By: laundrytime First Son 1 posts

did 4.30 kill my Blu-Ray movie capability?

2 replies 315 views Edited Oct 27, 2012

After installing update 4.30, Blu-Ray movie discs do not load.  The drive clicks and spins, and then makes the "ka-thunk" sound as if it's reloading the disc, but then the movie doesn't show up on the XMB.  DVDs, CDs, and Blu-Ray game discs all seem to work normally.  Is it possible that the firmware update has a bug?  Does anyone else seem to have this problem?

(I've tried re-installing the 4.30 update using a memory stick, and using Safe Mode Option 3 to restore files, and all the suggested changes to BD play options, and even chatted with Tech Support, but the problem remains.)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (315 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: did 4.30 kill my Blu-Ray movie capability?

Oct 28, 2012
I suggest you try the "Restore PS3 System" option in the system settings menu. This will restore your PS3 back to the state when you turned it on for the first time.

IMO you do have a settings corruption going on preventing Blu-Ray movie playback. Starting over from scratch may be the only way to get your PS3 working back to the way it is supposed to....
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: did 4.30 kill my Blu-Ray movie capability?

Oct 31, 2012

Everything about 4.30 is screwed up so I am not at all surprised that it corrupted your ability to play Blu-Ray discs. I don't think it has to do with your settings since you probably didn't change them right after the update. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (233 Views)
0 Likes