Mar 26 2013
By: bneal0013 First Son 1 posts

help (recurring controller message)

[ Edited ]
3 replies 52 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

i have an older playstation works greet until last night, i put in a game, then all of the sudden it says to attach usb controller. well i have a wireless controller and it works fine.  However when i turn off the machine it goes straight back to that message.  I really need some advice out there from you gamers if you could.....Much thanks

Edit: updated topic title to reflect content

U--J

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (52 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5173 posts

Re: help

Mar 26, 2013

Did you try connecting your wireless controller with a USB cable? If so, does everything work fine?  It may be the wireless module in the PS3 is having an issue.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (43 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7441 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

Welcome to the forum.

Do exactly what yoru PS3 is telling to and attach your controller via the USB cable.  It prolly is just having an issue recognizing it for some reason which happens occassionally.  Do that and see if it helps. If not come on back and let us know how it shpaed up! 

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (39 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46788 posts

Mar 26, 2013

bneal0013 wrote:

i have an older playstation works greet until last night, i put in a game, then all of the sudden it says to attach usb controller. well i have a wireless controller and it works fine.  However when i turn off the machine it goes straight back to that message.  I really need some advice out there from you gamers if you could.....Much thanks

If for some reason plugging it in alone doesn't fix it then, while its plugged in via USB cable, push the small reset button on the bottom of the controller with a toothpick or a pin.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (31 Views)