Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 31 2013
By: SteelcitymadmanB First Son 12 posts

install error

11 replies 226 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

my game jams at 14% on any install, couldnt put nuketown on my black ops2, after 5 hours of support 1 day,sony, cable, router,sony,activision(very annoying) basically said it was a corrupt on hdrive. they wanted me 2 back up n restore. so 2 questions?

1) what drives are compat w ps3, any aslong as there fat32??? 

2) what do u lose??? only have some dloaded maps ops 1 n 2 tiger woods courses(purchased dloads)

and would you lose ur black ops 2 ranks and opened stuff???

is it worth doing, cause i guess i wont b able to put anything else on there like new maps for ops 2???

Message 1 of 12 (226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Re: install error

Jan 31, 2013
Are you still on warrenty

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 2 of 12 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 31, 2013

no i dont believe so on the warrenty, the last fon call w sony they wanted me to do this backup restore on my own , if this didnt work it would be a mail in 4 my system.

Message 3 of 12 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Moved from Forum Info & Help. :catwink:

space_cape!!

Message 4 of 12 (206 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

SteelcitymadmanB wrote:

my game jams at 14% on any install, couldnt put nuketown on my black ops2, after 5 hours of support 1 day,sony, cable, router,sony,activision(very annoying) basically said it was a corrupt on hdrive. they wanted me 2 back up n restore. so 2 questions?

1) what drives are compat w ps3, any aslong as there fat32??? 

Yes, external storage device that support a USB interface and which system format is FAT32. e.g. external HDD, USB flash drive.

Did they have you access the system Safe Mode?

If they did and you used the options in there then be praparing yourself to upgrade your system internal HDD. For your information the internal hard drive must be a SATA 2.5" internal hard drive.

2) what do u lose??? only have some dloaded maps ops 1 n 2 tiger woods courses(purchased dloads)

and would you lose ur black ops 2 ranks and opened stuff???

is it worth doing, cause i guess i wont b able to put anything else on there like new maps for ops 2???

All your game related DLC can be re downloaded from your Download list

Download list:

PlayStation Network/Sign In/Account Management/Transaction Management/Download List

Read the documentation on how to use the Backup Utility to find out more about the process.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/798/kw/backup

You black ops 2 stats live on the Activision servers, not on the PS3 system itself.

If the backup process worth doing, yeah. You want to fix your PS3 so you can keep enjoying your favorite games, right. Moreover, it will being you closer to your system and to better appreciate it.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 5 of 12 (196 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Feb 1, 2013

hey ty for all that solid info, my game  does work fine as far as everything else, im just worried about getn new stuff (map packs). 

now as far as upgradeing the hard drive, im the kinda guy that just buys a new 1, cause anytime i mess with stuff like this something always goes wrong , and that s life time i never get back, 

yes i did do all that rebuild in safe mode stuff on my 5 hour support marathon that 1 day. so ur thinking that back up restore wont work either????  i did see some tricks i will try (background dload n shut off) but readn stuff in forums this back up takes days and has problems so i would like to avoid that headache if it isnt going to work.

and if i just buy a new 1 can u get ur stuff onto that 1 or reload ur dloads onto it , and stats when u log in, or does it not accept the new stuff. (read ur back up wont go into a new 1 just back on ur restore 1?)

Message 6 of 12 (177 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

SteelcitymadmanB wrote:

hey ty for all that solid info,

You are welcomed :smileyhappy:

my game  does work fine as far as everything else, im just worried about getn new stuff (map packs). 

now as far as upgradeing the hard drive, im the kinda guy that just buys a new 1, cause anytime i mess with stuff like this something always goes wrong , and that s life time i never get back,

It is not as hard as you might think. Now, if you can give yourself the luxury of buying a brand new system every time your hdd becomes full or corrupted, then more power to you and I mean that. Enjoy it :smileyhappy:

yes i did do all that rebuild in safe mode stuff on my 5 hour support marathon that 1 day. so ur thinking that back up restore wont work either????

I never said that backup doesn't work. For all its intense and purposes, backup does work. In this digital day and age backup, any kind of backup is your friend.

i did see some tricks i will try (background dload n shut off)

hmmm a trick huh. I know about background download but that background dload n shut off... I don't know about that.

but readn stuff in forums this back up takes days and has problems so i would like to avoid that headache if it isnt going to work.

Backing up takes days? Now that is news to me. Last time backed up my PS3 system it took me minutes. Read the backup documentation [the link is on my previous post] so you can familiarize yourself with it.

and if i just buy a new 1 can u get ur stuff onto that 1 or reload ur dloads onto it ,

Yes. If you do a HDD upgrade you will have to do the backup and restore process. As I have stated, all of your game related DLC can be redownloaded to your system via your Download List.

If you get a new PS3 and your previous PS3 HDD is still functional then you can transfer your whole system account from the old PS3 to the new PS3 via the Data Transfer Utility.

and stats when u log in, or does it not accept the new stuff. (read ur back up wont go into a new 1 just back on ur restore 1?)

Your trophies you can sync to PSN server [do this often]. Your Blackops stats live on the Activision servers not in the PS3 system.

Message 7 of 12 (146 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Feb 4, 2013

ty again very much, gonna give it a try b4 i just get a new 1, will prbably do it 2morrow, 2/5, and i will let u know how it went. if only the support from ps3 people was this easy and helpful.

Message 8 of 12 (129 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

SteelcitymadmanB wrote:

ty again very much, gonna give it a try b4 i just get a new 1, will prbably do it 2morrow, 2/5, and i will let u know how it went. if only the support from ps3 people was this easy and helpful.

For your info, here is a video showing the steps on how to upgrade the HDD.

Message 9 of 12 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 13, 2013

had a few problems , but it did work as far as fixn my hdrive. backed up on brand new mem stick formatted fat 32, took awhile , wiped it, then when try to reinstall off the mem stick it was frozen and never uploaded back onto my game, called support again aand they were scared to say anything because worried it damage my system, ended up just pulln the stick out and never reloading it, lost a lil but was able to re dload my purchased maps and things, losed all my saved (campain mode, madden saves) things like that. but did install nuketown and must have fixd bad spot. if i had pictures movies and thing s like that they would have been gone. but im fine w that cause i dont use my ps 4 that thank goodness. ty 4 the help.

Message 10 of 12 (110 Views)
0 Likes