Highlighted
Aug 18 2009
By: raptor210232 Survivor 2505 posts

new update requires internet access?

3 replies 41 views Edited Aug 18, 2009

With the PS3 slim coming out and the new update will the Ps3 require internet connectivity?

The 3.0 update will have so many up to date stuff including what you played last. With the new information board that updates all of the time with what you did and what just happend for playstation news this seems like internet connectivity is required at all times. For the people without internet could they be shunned out because fo the update and the new PS3 that will contain the 3.0 update?

Message 1 of 4 (41 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: new update requires internet access?

Aug 18, 2009

Yes it will need internet access all of the time but who does not have high speed internet now?

Any one..anyone...guess not

How to make a idiot busy look down

How to make a idiot busy look up^
Message 2 of 4 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7476 posts

Aug 18, 2009
You do not have to have internet access with update 3.0. You will still be able to play your games offline. But if you want to take advantage of the new features (Information Board, friends list, Playstation Store, Latest News, etc) then you have to have internet access. Just like you have to have internet to use those things with the current update now.
Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 4 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
748 posts

Aug 18, 2009

the_only_lolking wrote:

Yes it will need internet access all of the time but who does not have high speed internet now?

Any one..anyone...guess not

yea no one...thats why I still see all the net zero commercials.  I actually pay for a high speed connection in Utah(50 Mbps http://www.xmission.com/products/connections/utopia/) and Cali, but I know that it COSTS alot of money that most cant budget reasonably.  Just because you are lucky enough to afford it, please dont assume all are...also, how does the system function if my ISP is having issues (TWC notoriuos for inconsistenant signal).  And yea, I have more than a couple of friends and relatives who find feeding their kids and paying their mortgage MUCH more important than high speed interenet .
Message Edited by HyJaxLTD on 08-18-2009 02:37 PM
Message Edited by HyJaxLTD on 08-18-2009 02:38 PM
You couldnt help your greedy lil fingers...now its a G2 thang.
Message 4 of 4 (41 Views)
0 Likes