Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 03 2013
By: Jakeyboi-_- First Son 4 posts

ps3 keeps freezing same spot

9 replies 789 views Edited May 3, 2013

PS3 Slim, had it for a few years. I was playing Black Ops 2 just yesterday; then I turned it of and back on again and it went to a screen saying exactly this, "The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored." My only option is 'OK' and I cannot use o or triangle or the PS button (it shows the no PS-button use aloud sign). So I press OK and the restore starts. It then says 'Restoring... Do not turn off system.' the the loading bar then at the bottom it says 'After this operation has complete, the system will restart.' I then wait about 10 minutes and right when it gets to 100% done, it makes the 'download over' sound, and goes to a black screen. I no longer have access to controls or vision of the screen. HELP. (ALSO, I am forced to do this, I have no choice of cancelling it. When I try to turn it off, the power button on the ps3 doesn't work and I have to unplug it from the wall to turn it off.)

Message 1 of 10 (789 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
831 posts

Re: ps3 keeps freezing same spot

May 3, 2013

Thread moved from PlayStation® Forums Support

Message 2 of 10 (779 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 3, 2013

anyone????

Message 3 of 10 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

May 3, 2013

Are you saying  it keeps telling you to do a restore?

Or have you done the restore and now you can't see the xmb?

Message 4 of 10 (748 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 10, 2013
My ps3 freezes at 45%. Have to unplug it to turn it off. Help!!! It won't restore all the way!
Message 5 of 10 (709 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 10, 2013
Well it did finally restore, but I have the same black screen and won't turn off correctly.
Message 6 of 10 (705 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 10, 2013
I had the same problem, what i did is i unplugged the system for like an hour. Then i plugged it back in and it successfully did the recovery.
Message 7 of 10 (699 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 10, 2013
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try
Message 8 of 10 (692 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 11, 2013
Well that didn't work. Thanks anyway! Time for a new ps3
Message 9 of 10 (679 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jul 9, 2013

I don't have time to continue reading the comments to see if anybody has already given you a solution, but do not replace the hard drive, do not send it in for service, and do not buy a new system.  That will not fix the problem, and it's an easy do-it-yourself procedure.  The more you download (or remove), or continuously operate, the more it can corrupt your drive, to a point where your system's normal operation may not recognize the corruption.  

What you do is make sure your PS3 is turned on, eject the disc, then hold down the power button until you hear 3 different beeps, about 3-5 seconds apart, then release.  

Hold it down again to turn on, wait for 3 beeps (the same way), then release again.  

Do it one more time, and the 2nd or 3rd beep should be a double beep, then release.  

Connect your Dualshock controller via USBthen follow the steps.  don't remember if there are any you have to selectother than pressing the PS button before each selectionbut when you come to the different choice selectionsyou want to go with option 3, to restore the system (this will NOT wipe your files off).  Depending on the strength of your corruption it may take a while.  After it finishes the system will automatically restart back into normal function.  Disconnect your controller and go back to using it wirelessly.  If you continue to have freezing problems, or system shut offs after this then would contact customer support (U.S. 1-800-345-7669) and let them know the steps you have attempted.  Good luck.

Message 10 of 10 (640 Views)
0 Likes